PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not often mentioned, but a fine traditional shape that sits well for convenience, the Peterson B11 bent brandy comes in various series from around $100 on up. If you don't trust the current Peterson quality control, you can look for these as estate pipes. I bought two in about 2009, a Shannon and an ebony Killarney, and I find them great dependable pipes, mid-sized, nicely balanced, and good in hand.
This is the Dalkey versison: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=171190

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
I have a Fermoy, and it's a great smoker. Very comfortable shape, and it's a sitter :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I somewhat like the fact that the Peterson B11 flies pretty well below the radar. I've never seen much about it online, nor any pictures posted other than at the retail sites, so it's somewhat the best pipe no one has heard of, or something like that. It's a good old shape that sits when asked.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Good chamber dimensions, odd pear-shape but sort of appealing. Nifty (this word needs to come back) find.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I really am starting to prefer my fishtail Pete compared to my p-lip. Thinking of doing some swapping or selling.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Never been a fan of the p-lip but the fishtails are great. All my Petes (6) are fishtail except one, a Captain Pete Bulldog. Might sent that one to georged for a re-stem. Love the pipe, hate the stem.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both my B11's are fishtail bits. Some people see the pipe as more a volcano, but I have always seen it listed by Peterson and the retailers as a brandy.

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
I think I need to entertain getting one. Graceful indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.