PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
It's real good quality stuff, very old-school, and I guess pretty British in tradition - stout, deep virginia tending towards earthy/strong rather than light/grassy, and a little dose of lakeland-type flavor that is ever present, but much more in the background than you'd see in Ennerdale or that kind of thing. Rosewater maybe? Anyway it's a nice taste. But punchy, a big bowl will rock you.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Love the stuff! Smoke it on a regular basis along with a myriad of other plugs/ropes...

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Probably my favorite plug. I slice it real thin and rub into a shag. Definitely worth getting a tin or twenty as it will only get better with age. I purchased fifty tins when it first came out and have twenty or so left.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I like it but I don’t seem to get any Lakeland soapy flavors Sasquatch. Anyone else get Lakeland?

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I love it and don’t get a Lakeland essence from it. It’s my go to if I want a little nicotine. Cube cut and let it dry first.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds good. Anyone get ghosting with this? I like to stay away from designating pipes, so I can choose pipe and blend fairly randomly. Otherwise, this sounds like my kind of thing, despite having no burley.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Luckily I get no floral essence from 3P as I wouldn't enjoy that. I have a bunch of tins stashed somewhere now I need to find it so I can smoke some. I believe all of mine are from 2013.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
^mso, this is a Virginia/Burley mixture. According to JimInks:

"The Virginias have a fair amount of dark fruit, are a bit earthy with some grass and citrus,

and bolstered by the bold nutty, earthy, sweet burley."

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
"The Virginias have a fair amount of dark fruit, are a bit earthy with some grass and citrus,

and bolstered by the bold nutty, earthy, sweet burley."
MMMmmmmmmmm...burley...

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
I’ve smoked 4 bowls since posting this the other day. I really like this a lot! I’ve smoked it before but only smoked 3Ps over the last day or so and quickly moving up to a top 5 for me.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I have smoked a few bowls of this recently as well and enjoyed it. I didn't get any Lakeland essence, just good deep tobacco flavors. I stayed away from 3p for a while because of the burley. Although I enjoy some burleys I'm usually a VA or VA/per smoker. I'm glad I finally gave it a shot and now I have a few tins in the cellar to enjoy in the future with some age on them.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
It's nice. Loaded with nicotine but never harsh or sharp on the retrohale. Has some fruit or berries topping. No soap or perfume or anything like that.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I love Perfect Plug and it's definitely one of my favorite Vaburs, Warrior Plug is the same base tobacco but with a different plum brandy topping and is even more delicious, although sadly now discontinued in the UK.

Chris.

Reactions: J.Henry845
Status
Not open for further replies.