Peterson 2016 Summertime - Peterson XL21

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lifesizehobbit
  • Latest reply from lifesizehobbit
  1. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just enjoyed a bowl of Peterson's Summertime blend from 2016 in my Peterson 2001 St. Patrick's Day XL21. I had originally ordered the 2015 blend to try (candidly because I liked the tin art), and the vendor accidentally sent the 2016. I offered to return it for exchange, but they nicely told me to keep the 2016 due to their error.

Right out of the tin, this has a wonderful rum and citrus aroma. It packed nicely and smoked well without any real preparation. During the very cool and smooth smoke, I could taste the rum at first and then it finished with a nice orange tint to it. Room note was pleasant without coming across goopy or artificial.

Great Summertime back porch smoke; and the wife approved.

Oh - the 2015 is on my self awaiting it's maiden smoke as well.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think of myself as a non-aro smoker, but I have back-tracked to selectively sample some tobacco forward aromatics and find them a pleasing accent to my mostly non-aro rotation. I don't want heavy-handed food flavors as the front piece of my pipe smoking, but done artfully, aromatics can be satisfying.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I "grew up" on Aros as my first non-Aro wasn't a good experience. It's only been in the last 2 years that I've stretched into non-Aro and now wonder why I didn't make that jump earlier. Having said that, I have also found some good Aro's that are not heavily goopy or flavored. It's nice to sample both tobacco worlds. I am truly enjoying the pipe experience these days.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   methomp, pitchfork, daniel7