PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Just enjoyed a bowl of Peterson's Summertime blend from 2016 in my Peterson 2001 St. Patrick's Day XL21. I had originally ordered the 2015 blend to try (candidly because I liked the tin art), and the vendor accidentally sent the 2016. I offered to return it for exchange, but they nicely told me to keep the 2016 due to their error.
Right out of the tin, this has a wonderful rum and citrus aroma. It packed nicely and smoked well without any real preparation. During the very cool and smooth smoke, I could taste the rum at first and then it finished with a nice orange tint to it. Room note was pleasant without coming across goopy or artificial.
Great Summertime back porch smoke; and the wife approved.
Oh - the 2015 is on my self awaiting it's maiden smoke as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think of myself as a non-aro smoker, but I have back-tracked to selectively sample some tobacco forward aromatics and find them a pleasing accent to my mostly non-aro rotation. I don't want heavy-handed food flavors as the front piece of my pipe smoking, but done artfully, aromatics can be satisfying.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I "grew up" on Aros as my first non-Aro wasn't a good experience. It's only been in the last 2 years that I've stretched into non-Aro and now wonder why I didn't make that jump earlier. Having said that, I have also found some good Aro's that are not heavily goopy or flavored. It's nice to sample both tobacco worlds. I am truly enjoying the pipe experience these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.