PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Does anyone have any information on the 2015 Peterson lineup? Specifically, the Father's Day 2015 and 150th Anniversary pipes? We are welcoming our second child this year, within a week of our 10th wedding anniversary. I had already told my wife I wanted one of the Anniversary pipes for our 10th anniversary, but when we found out we were expecting again, well I might have decided to commemorate the birth with another Father's Day pipe.
But, I still haven't seen any information on the 2015 limited edition pipes. Does anyone have any info, such as design, styles, and prices?

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
This is the 2015 pipe of the year - it's the founders pipe:

OgnJIqMl.jpg

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
Looks good. I particularly like the silver work. Does anyone know whether the questions over Peterson's quality extend to the more expensive pipes?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
There is also a new Craftsman series that look like Draculas with silver spigots.

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
But is the Pipe of the Year going to be the same thing as the 150th Anniversary pipe? Seems like I remember them doing a completely separate one for the 140th Anniversary.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There is also a new Craftsman series that look like Draculas with silver spigots.
The Craftsman series is a series of pipes with a different design for each month.
It was born out of a trip that Connor Palmer, son of Tom Palmer, and one of the gentlemen from Ashton had. They discussed what to do special for the 150th anniversary of the brand. It was decided to do a Craftsman Series using the best briar, he best bowl turners, the best stem cutters, the best silver smiths etc. and make some really unique pipes showcasing the craftsmanship of the brand. I believe they settled on making a limited number of pipes in a different design for each month of the anniversary year.
The one that was released in December I believe had an amber stem.
I think January's does have a red and black swirl stem somewhat like the Dracula with a spigot.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for the clarification of the Craftsman series, LOtPR.
Here they are at Smokingpipes.com; quite pretty:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/index.cfm?tag=Craftsman%20Series

Status
Not open for further replies.