Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake...what say you?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
New Cigars
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
A very good buy and a notch or two above Escudo in flavor . I still like the Navy flake better . Get the whole box and put half away into a Mason jar and wait , you will be rewarded .

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
9 out of 10!Like the PS Lux Navy Flake a tad more.for the price,can't beat it.(smokin bullseye even as we speak) :D

Jul 12, 2011
:puffy:

005-005-0014.jpg

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Haven't tried the Davidoffs but there's no way I'd put PS LBF ahead of Escudo with respect for flavor.
For the money paid, LBF is certainly a fine smoke but the casing used is the wrong kind of sweet for me.

That's my sole problem with the PS "Luxury" blends, the sweet casing. Add to that the black cav center and I find myself asking "Where's the Perique?"

That's just my taste of course!

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
For the money paid, LBF is certainly a fine smoke but the casing used is the wrong kind of sweet for me.

That's my sole problem with the PS "Luxury" blends, the sweet casing. Add to that the black cav center and I find myself asking "Where's the Perique?"

That's just my taste of course!
Love LBF (compeletely unbiased opinion, of course). Definitely sweeter than Escudo, which is kind of what I like about it. Not sure how much perique is LBF, but I learned this week from our master blenders that Escudo has over 10% perique, which kind of shocked me (most blends rarely have more than 2-5% perique).

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
Coins!!! I love these coins. They are so convenient as they rub out to a perfectly sized bowl. They also make me feel rich with tobacco $$ I wish more tobacconists would manufacture their blends this way. I actually haven't smoked PS LBF yet. Just wanted to chime in on how much I love coins and Escudo :D

Jul 12, 2011
Like I said I'm Va/Per crazy for Escudo and Davidoff's Flake meds,

didn't want something to compare to those but wanted something different,

which from what I hear/mixed this is/is not like the others...so

I'm looking to smoke it up real good all weekend and report back on

Monday ;-)

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I wouldnt say Escudo is better than LBF, or the other way around. They're both quite different, and both excellent smokes. For sweet taste, price and pleasant room note, LBF wins. For a damn fine natural flavor and top shelf tobacco, Escudo wins.

Jul 12, 2011
WOW, 10% in Escudo..that is why I LOVE it ;-) If that is the case I would say LBF has lower than 5% in it, very smooth, no bite and has a sugar/honey type sweetness to it IMO...nothing like Escudo or Davidoff (IMHO) but that is fine...I could easily put LBF into my everyday smoke and alternate in my Davidoff and Escudo

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I have Escudo in my cellar, never tried it. However, I love both the Davidoff Flake Medallions and the Luxury Bullseye Flake. I would have to say the Davidoff Flakes impress me more, however the price of the Bullseye, you just can't go wrong.

Jul 12, 2011
I have been smoke'in up the LBF and agree with all...a nice everyday

smoke, uncomplicated with a nice sugar sweetness to it..I'm gonna

bounce it from my favorite Va/Per Boswell spiral to a Meer and then

onto a clay for taste'in

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Wow, I would have never guessed there was over 10% Perique in Escudo. I don't get a buzz from it at all. Interesting info Leonard. Thanks.
Same here. But we had our master leaf buyer and our master blender here in Tucker last week and when they told me the amount of perique in Escudo I made them repeat the answer just to be sure.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I've not smoked Escudo or Luxury Navy Flake but I really like Luxury Bullseye Flake and keep some here all the time. For me, that dot of Cavendish adds a little extra something to the smoke, maybe a bit of sweetness.
Smokey

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
This one has always been elusive for me. I will get back to you in a few years when I finally score some! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.