PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Hello everyone. Yesterday I purchased two Peter Stokkebye blends: Nougat, and Natural. I'm having trouble finding out whether they're English, or aromatic blends. I asked the guy behind the counter, but he had no idea. I purchased the tobacco from a head shop. Since I'm new to pipes, I'm wanting to find out what I can about tobaccos, so that it may be easier to find ones that I like.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
NATURAL (Original Cavendish Blend) Tobacco selection: A light loose and ready rubbed Cavendish blend consisting of quality mild flue-cured Virginia tobaccos with some light Burleys.
I copied this from the description on the P&C website.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Nougat is one of the blends that I really enjoy. I found that it is better to buy tobacco online or at a shop that specializies in what you are looking for. A cigar shop would be better than a cigarette shop.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Try blending that Nougat with some CPCC Caramel Rush. I swear it's like stuffing a Snickers bar into your pipe.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I love the "tin odor" of the PS Natural ! I like to mix it with PA or CH. It tends to bite me if I smoke it straight. PS Nougat used to be my favorite smoke. I keep some on hand but very seldom smoke it now.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Nougat is definitely an aromatic. Natural... that one is a little harder to classify. It is definitely not an English. But there is little if any top flavor, so it would be a stretch to call it an aromatic. The idea behind that blend was to use some mild(ish) tobaccos, and then let the tobacco taste come through relatively unhindered.

Status
Not open for further replies.