PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyfats

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
oxford Florida
Has anyone of you tried peter stokkebye pipe tobacco? I am New to pipes and was considering ordering some of that

brand, the ryo tobacco they make is great. :) So what do you guys think of it?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Peter Stokkebye makes some great pipe tobacco blends. Like with all manufacturers, some of their blends are better than others, but that falls into the personal preference of the smoker. Tastes are subjective.

Overall, Stokkebye tobaccos are really good.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Peter Stokkebye Pipe tobacco is some of the best bang-for-your-buck pipe blends out there. My personal favorites are Golden Dansk, English Luxury, English Oriental Supreme, Nougat, B&B, Bulls Eye Flake, Twist Flake, Navy Flake and Proper English. I think there's a few more but I can't remember them all.
-Jason

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Well, Jason ( lordnoble ) has said it right....PS pipe tobaccos are definitely some of the best tobacco for your dollar. I like many of them and my closet has many mason jars filled with PS tobacco I have purchased in bulk. Do not hesitate...give them a try...you won't be sorry.... :puffy:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
They are great - give them a try. And they are ubiquitous - many tobacco retailers carry them - just under a house label. Recently I tried a Maple Blend - under Gatlin-Burlier label called Mountain Maple - that I thought was very good.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I have tried Luxury Bullseye Flake, Navy Flake, Twist Flake and they also make Escudo now. I have also tried their English blends as well All of it is good!

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
My daily go to tobacco is PS Navy Flake. I also smoke a lot of PS Twist Flake and Bullseye, really wonderful flavors. As far as bang for the buck, they are also great.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Everyone likes to brag up thier latest tin . But for the most part you cant go wrong with PS bulk blends . Now if they would just bring back Swiss Delight .

funn

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
I have been wearing out their Va. Longcut a very mild Virginia.

I've been enjoying the Balkan Supreme, and have some of their

other English blends jarred up. Best bang for the buck and all

quality smokes...so far the ones I've tried....

Status
Not open for further replies.