Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I just wanted to share this. As some of you may realize, P&C offers Peter Stokkebye in new packaging. They used to send it in ziploc bags. Now the tobacco is offered in a transparent pouch as below:
2016-08-10-195347-600x600.jpg

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I like the look of it. Seems like they had to pre-package it due to the regulations.

I was jarring up a few new boxes of their bulk flakes last night. The 1.5lbs bulk boxes are the same, but I did notice that they had started to seal the plastic covering the box and on the bricks of tobacco themselves. They used to come just wrapped in plastic that did not have a seal at all. This let me know that the tobacco was probably loaded with preservatives. Maybe they started sealing them to keep the preservatives a secret, ha ha.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
nice packaging, wonder how long the tobacco will last in there.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I don't think it's any more loaded with preservatives then most other pipe tobacco cosmic, I've had LBF turn crunchy quite fast if left out, I find stuff loaded with preservatives will never get crunchy dry.

Jun 27, 2016
hextor
nice packaging, wonder how long the tobacco will last in there.
I received a couple PS tobaccos in these and I think that you're going to want to jar it up right away, or at least right after the sack cools down from sitting in the mail box =P.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
I have only purchased PSLNF in the 1 1/2 pound boxes. I hope they have not changed the way they ship that out.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
I agree with Andy. I once left a jar full of LBF exposed to the air for just over 24 hours, and it lost a noticeable amount of moisture (in a good way).

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
I agree with Andy. I once left a jar full of LBF exposed to the air for just over 24 hours, and it lost a noticeable amount of moisture (in a good way).

Well, I just know that up till last year, the boxes of 1.5 used to come with the tobacco inside just put in an unsealed bag. The box was unwrapped. This goes back at least five years of me ordering the blocks. I imagine that tobacconist just left the bricks in the unsealed bags and doled them out by the oz in bulk parcels. I wasn't suggesting that it was as laden as Carter Hall... Just never mind, ha ha. Whatever... I'm not bashing a blender that I buy in $300 increments. Sure, no preservatives...

Status
Not open for further replies.