PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I first bought this particular blend about a year ago and it quickly became my go-to blend. This navy flake is a virginia/perique blend that has a mild and sweet flavor, perfect for any time of day. When I first got it and smoke my first bowl, I was rather disappointed as I could taste very little. However, I decided to stick with it and over the next few bowls I began to taste more and more. The flakes right out of the bag have a straw-like aroma to them. I usually fold them up and stuff them in my pipe. I would describe the flavor as being mellow and sweet, but not too sweet. One of the best things about this blend is that is has little to no bite. It is not nearly as finicky as other virginias are. Even when I have smoked it too hot, it never burned me. As for the roomnote, it is pleasant. I have had several people comment about how good it smells. I have asked a few people and they describe it as "woodsy". Another great thing about this particular blend is that is not that expensive. A pound costs around $25. One word of caution is that it is heavy in nicotine content. A couple of times I went awhile without smoking or without smoking heavier blends and it made me sick. You might want to start with a half-bowl. Overall, this is a great blend for the flavor and price.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I just received 4oz of this baccy today. I plan on sampling this tobacco tomorrow for the first time. I love the Bullseye Flake and hope this is as good

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I still haven't yet decided which of the 3 Peter Stokkebye flakes I like best. I found myself growing tired of LNF, but that may have been because I was smoking nothing but for a whole week

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I have never smoked the others, but I want to. Next time I order some more LNF, I'll have to get a little of the others to try.

I only know of one person who likes Virginias and VaPers say that they didn't like the PS flakes. And, the week after he said he didn't like them, I noticed them in his posted rotation in another thread. PS makes some of the finest tobaccos IMO. They really satisfy the tobacco taste and the Nic, while giving everyone else in the room a mild but nice room note.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I have to agree with everyone. All of PS flakes are excellent. I just got some PS Nougat because I wanted to try their Aros as well. I'm looking forward to it.

evo03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2013
I also like Luxury Navy Flake. To me it seems to be the same thing as Orlik Golden Sliced, but without as much citrus/orange. After sensing the similarities, I held up a flake of each next to each other and could see no difference. And they are both relatively inexpensive. Regardless, they are both great tasting flakes.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Luxury Navy Flake is one of the blends I point to when cautioning other new pipe smokers to try more than just a bowlful before judging a tobacco. My very first bowl was awful - harsh, bitter, and generally unpleasant. Tried it in a different pipe, and it made all the difference in the world. I still prefer Luxury Bullseye Flake myself, but LNF is probably third on my list of favorite Va/Per blends.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake = good stuff!

While in the past I usually just bought a tin or a couple ounces of a given pipe tobacco, LNF was the very 1st pipe tobacco that I tried, then bought a pound...

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
I've just ordered the Stokkebye Luxury flake trifecta and Orlik Golden Sliced. Can't wait to try them out!

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
LNF is my go-to, go-to smoke. I switch between that and OGS, but the OGS really only gets smoked on a whim. It's been this way for well over a year now, probably approaching two, and the more I smoke it, the better it gets. It took me a while to figure out which pipes it wants to burn in, but now that I have... well... shit, you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.