PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake is black Cavendish at the center of coin cut tobacco with Virginia and Perique, kind of an old standard. Mine is nicely aged a few years, which makes it easy to rub out and light. I still find it a little edgy, probably from the Perique, but fuller strength and flavorful. I'm smoking it in an extra large Johs quarter bent semi-rusticated apple, which gives the blend room to show off. It's nice after a meal and with a beverage. This is a way of launching my summer excursion through some Virginia blends, though I plan to smoke other blends too.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yes! Back in 2012 I picked up a couple pounds and smoked it occasionally. I would add McCLelland blending to Perique to it. I recently opened a jar and found there is no need to add Perique any longer. Just fold and stuff into a pipe and boom, spicy goodness.
Stock up while on this while you can and you will be rewarded. I am smoking this more than anything else currently.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have some that is aged about 8 years. The coins are almost black! Delicious,I must say...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I enjoy LBF very much, especially with some age on it. I buy one pound every year for aging. That way I always have aged stock on hand.
IMHO it really starts to shine after 5 years. Like weezell says above, it turns dark with age and then you know it’s at its best. I’m sure his 8 year old stock is delicious.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
My oldest is right at 2 yrs. I liked it fresh, it's better at 2yrs and I'm sure I'll like it even more as it continues to age. It was ridiculously cheap last fall during the PS bulk sale at P&C with an additional 20% off the sale price. I bought enough of the Luxuries to get me through the hard times.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I removed the black cavendish center and then rub out the remainder of the coin. I place the cavendish center about midway into the bowl. It results in a pleasant surprise when I reach the half way point.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I removed the black cavendish center and then rub out the remainder of the coin. I place the cavendish center about midway into the bowl. It results in a pleasant surprise when I reach the half way point.

Cool technique. I’ll have to try that.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I've been smoking the half pound I picked up 3 weeks ago. Has great strength from the perique and the

Virginias have good depth of flavor. I think it's 1 of the best VaPers around.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
anthony', I folded to fold and stuff, but the coin had dried just enough to break apart so I rubbed it out, but I doubt I'll rehydrate it at this point because it has good flavor and burns really well, slow and even and stays lit. As soon as I get flake moist enough to fold and stuff, I want to learn that technique, having always rubbed out flake/coin/etc. The rubber ring on the canning jar may not be sealing, but in this case, no harm done. iris', I think the Cavendish may set up the Va/Per blend nicely, gives it a little better burn, more volume.

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
Lbf is very good, I can’t imagine how good it is after 8 years! I’ve got a four oz jar of it cooking ...

Status
Not open for further replies.