PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stluisrey

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2010
Orange, CA
I always like the presentation of flakes in a box. I was going to get some Escudo (flake coins) but the price of the PS LBF is hard to pass up, so I pounced. One of the best deals out there from PipesAndCigars.com. You can pick up a pound and a half for around $50 including shipping. I am a VaPer fan, my favorite being SG St James Flake, and Escudo. Looking forward to trying this tobacco after some aging time. I have not had the pleasure of trying this tobacco before. I really like PS LTF.
CIMG2736.JPG

CIMG2740.JPG

CIMG2741.JPG

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Smoking some now! Though I must admit I like the P S Luxury Navy more.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I love it. It's a bit "dry" right out of the gate but seems to move sweeter after 6 months. It has more of a grassy hay sweetness then LNF's citrus IMO.
Love looking at those coins. When I die they have put 2 on each eye before they seal me up.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Luxury Bulls Eye Flake is one of my favorites! Of course you have about 6 times as much as I do now, so I guess i'll have to get some more! I like all of PS flake tobaccos, very nice stuff indeed. Hope you enjoy it!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Haven't smoked any LBF for about 3 months ... time to re-shuffle the mason jars! :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I confess I've never see a five-pound package before, and it looks terrific. I'm a fan of Luxury Navy Flake.

What a savory leaf.

Isn't it amazing how the plastic bag is just wrapped around it with no seal? Just a piece of tape keeping it closed... sometimes. I've even opened the box to find them all half scattered about. And, we make such a big deal about putting our tobacco in a jar as quickly as possible, ha ha.

Enjoy, this is one that I keep a lot of onhand.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
LBF and LNF are great ones to have around. I tried the LTF and didn't care for it. It smelled wonderful in the pouch. Unfortunatly, it didn't do much for me were it mattered.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Looks like a big box of RealTree poker chips - love it!
I have 4 oz of LBF jarred that I haven't tried; I may just break that open soon...

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Love the stuff, love that big lo box full of it you have there. I suggest jarring most of it to stow away to age and keep a jar for an occasional smoke now.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Addition: I have never had aged LBF but look forward to that day very much!

tinkertank

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2014
Looks like a big box of RealTree poker chips - love it!
I have 4 oz of LBF jarred that I haven't tried; I may just break that open soon..
Wouldn't mind playing poker with those as chips, everyone bring some of your own flake blend, walk out with what you win.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
It's no Escudo, but it was never meant to be. For the price it a fine smoke, MUCH better if you jar it up for a year or more. I grabbed a box about a year and a half ago and stacked the coins up in tall 4oz. mason jars. Perfect tobacco to open space ratio. While I'm working on one the rest are getting even finer.
Craig

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
One of my first acquisitions was LBE and I found it to be quite satisfying, flavorful and smooth. I've read that some folks can get a more Escudo like taste by popping out the cav centers..

I'm really enjoying my recently acquired LNF too. I was hoping to read responses on the Lux twist and I see a couple of comments...if I were to choose for a 5lb buy, it would go to LNF.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I ordered a pound about a week ago. I have smoked 3 bowls of it so far and I love it. It has an amazing flavor. Im a huge virginia flake fan and this one is on the top of my favorites. I like how they threw a tiny bit of cavendish in the middle of the flake for a bit of sweetness. I think you will enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.