PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
This came in my order today. I rubbed out a couple flakes, packed it into my Brigham Chinook #426 and it's smoking nicely. Stupid me forgot to pack it a little looser as it is flake and it expands more when smoked so the draw is a little tight on it.
I just taste pure tobacco with a little sweetness from the black cav. This is a very nice, cool smoke and absoutley NO bite which is right awesome. The room note isn't sweet nor is the general taste of the tobacco. It has a nice little spicyness to it but it's very little I'm assuming this is from the Perique. The Virginia is bright and upfront. I am definatley ordering some more of this and jarring some up later. Nice smoke for sure, I can't wait to see how it is after a few months

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
From my experience (at least with PS LBF and I;m thinking yours will as well), it will age wonderfully. In fact, 2 year old LBF is at least twice as good as fresh. Something to ponder eh?
IDK if I could wait two years. lol. I'd have to keep a few jars going . one to be a 'vintage' one to be a 'middle-age' and one for everyday. I'd be dipping in and opening them to smell and look all the time lol. I guess that is going to take some getting used to and some patience lol

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
OK, enough already!! You guys are getting me ready to put up another order of baccy, and I've got enough to last for years. I don't know enough to stop this habit of stashing away more.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I just can't seem to get enough of this smoke!!! I smoked a bowl last night as was impressed. I made this my first pipe of the morning and it pairs very well with my homebrew espresso. This is definatley going to be in regular rotation, with me contemplating on making this my everyday smoke. I can't wait to see how good it is in a year or two!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I got some coming in my order, can't wait to try it, everything I hear about it is great.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I'm smoking it right now in my Peterson Pre-Republic Shamrock. It is a very good smoke! I really enjoy it. I don't rub it out. I fold it when still to moist to smoke an stuff it in the pipe. Let it sit in there for a while. I have let it sit all day! Lights and smokes like a dream!

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
I was given some of this by mlyver and thought it was good enough to order 8oz ....

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I'm letting it dry out on some paper for about 15-20mins. I find it REALLY damp and it smokes really wet to the point of a gurgle in the pipe about 1/3 of the way through the bowl. I'm a slow smoker so I know that not the issue. I too a flake and squeezed it hard between my fingers and a little bit of moisture came out of it. I hope tomorrow it is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.