PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I was placing my regular bi-monthly tobacco order when I noticed this Stokkebye blend at a good price per ounce and decided to add 4 oz. to my regular order. It's a blend of fermented Black Cavendish, Virginia's and a small amount of Burley. It's also said this Stokkebye blend uses 14 different flavorings. This blend is on the moist side but I loaded it into my pipe with no drying time and it burned well with only one relight half way into the bowl. I found it to be a very smooth smoke with no tongue bite when sipped or smoked fast. It did seem to burn a little fast but not hot which is probably due to how I personally smoke. Sweet and fruity to the palette with a hint of cherries and vanilla. The sweetness and fruit flavor however do not mask the true tobacco from coming through. I could detect somewhat of a spicy peppery taste to the tongue which was nice and I'm sure due to the special 14 different flavorings. It does produce a good room note my wife adored. Over all I'd give Golden Dansk a four out of five stars! This is one Stokkebye blend I'll be adding to each order in the future.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
That's a good one.

A lot of us got to try it for the first time thanks to last years pipes and cigars goodie bag.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I love Stokkebye's bulk blends. Golden Dansk and Dansk Black are staples in my cellar and the only two aromatics I buy and smoke regularly.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Golden Dansk to me is like a rose flavored/sented pipe tobacco. Very floral, very strange. Some times I love it, some times I just think it is plain wierd.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
juvat270 I've been looking at the Dansk Black but for some reason have not ordered it yet thinking it might be even sweeter than the Golden? What's your opinion on the Black?

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
My local B&M sells one of their blends as "English Luxury" and it is my first foray from the tru aro's. For the price and not having the experienced palate yet I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.