PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
P&C has what a deal going on Peter Stokebbye bulk and I've never tried any of these blends. $25 for a lb seems like a great deal to me! My favorite blends so far have been Nightcap, EMP, FMC, Maple Street, BL/WB. That being said can anyone recommend a PS blend that will be along those lines. Also I'm open to trying just about anything so if there is a must try in this line let me know. I've got some TAD money coming up and will be ordering soon.

Texmex, you've got a strong English, an oriental, a burley, and an aromatic listed. So, I am guessing that you would be interested in anything except a straight Virginia or a VaPer? The Turkish, LNF, LTF, and LBF are the only PS blends that I keep in stock or ever even heard of being smoked by him, which are Virginia based. I'd be curious as what other blends of his get tried. I've been very happy with the ones that I keep from him, and I'd be willing to try others.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've not had a straight Virgina or Va/per yet but I'm game. I just listed my favorites out of the ones I've tried.

The Luxory Twist Flake and the Bullseye Flakes are excellent introductions to the genre, and they seem to have a huge following. The Navy Flake may be a bit harsh by itself as a first VaPer, but I love it mixed with the LTF. But, buying a pound on the word of someone on the forum might be a bit of a huge leap of faith, maybe try an oz first. I think you'll like them though. I've already jarred up five pounds of each, or else I would get some more.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've been watching that deal, too - I love the Luxury Bullseye Flake myself, and I've got a couple of ounces waiting for me in a storage jar... but I wouldn't mind having a pound or two on hand. LBF is, as cosmicfolklore said, an excellent intro to Va/Per blends - the Cavendish center makes it a little more mellow and approachable than, say, the Luxury Navy Flake (which took me a couple of bowls to appreciate properly).
Haven't yet had a chance to try any other Stokkebye blends, so I can't actually recommend anything specific.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
The PS blends are some of my favorites. And at 25 bucks you honestly cant go wrong.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I would just add Highland Whiskey #38 to those already mentioned. I enjoy it enough that I will certainly buy a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.