PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I have the special curly, which has perique and VA. I really like it. It's smooth, musty and nutty. Very well behaved. I believe there is also a regular curly, which only has VA's in it. I have not tried that one yet.
BTW, the special curly mixed with Christmas Cheer, Best Brown Flake and some extra perique makes a really tasty VAper. The special curly adds a touch of nuttiness to go along with the sweetness and richness of the other components.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Edit - I was thinking of another blend, I don't know enough to comment about this one.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I should add that the special curly (and again, I'm not sure if you're interested in that one or the curly that has only VA's), has a slightly cigar-like flavor to it. Almost like a Macanudo or some other mild cigar. It's not exactly like that, of course, but it has something that makes you think of cigar smoke.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
BTW, I double checked the tin I have and it just says "curly" (not "special"), but the ingredients list both perique and VA.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I have a tin I got on a company trip.
Mine is coin cut and labeled special curly. I really enjoy it. Its almost got a spiced ginger taste to it at times.
Peck if you want to try and compare PM me your address and I'll send you some.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I really enjoyed this tobacco. To me it had a grassy raisin smell in the bag. Upon lighting I got that raisiny, ginger spice to it. I nice smoke all the way down to the bottom of the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.