PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's a very sad day for Braves' fans. For thirty-three years, Pete Van Wieren was a very welcome presence on Braves' radio and television broadcasts, and a good contrast to his long time partners Skip Caray and Ernie Johnson. Smart and funny with a good voice, he reached millions of homes every day for many years when the Braves games were about your only chance to watch a baseball game. I saw his first TV broadcast and I saw his last. From beginning to end, a class act who'll be greatly missed. RIP, Ol' Professor!
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/atl/pete-van-wieren-longtime-braves-broadcaster-dies?ymd=20140802&content_id=87601982&vkey=news_atl

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
For me, listening to games on radio, the announcers are the best part of the experience, the passion they inject -- hard to imagine a game where someone would just be giving play-by-plays.
Didn't know of Pete, but I can imagine from the Twins and White Sox games I listen to. Bad year like this, they make the difference.
My cap's off in tribute to him. Thanks for posting this.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
He was a "Great" broadcaster and I listened to him virtually every night the Braves played. He loved the game and it showed daily. I will always remember him.

Status
Not open for further replies.