PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
It took me four nights of shooting, but last evening I finally got a shot of a Perseid meteor. A fun event annually, and this is the first year in the last three that we had a clear sky, though the clouds moved in shortly after this shot.
The fun part of this is for four nights I enjoyed my pipe while sitting on the deck shooting. Last night was 4Noggins Bakerstreet USA in a cob.

IMG_6563 by Andrew Bacchi, on Flickr][/url]

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
There's actually three trails. The middle one is the meteor, the other two are satellites. It's a thirty second exposure, so it picks up moving objects.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Excellent photo! It's so nice to get away from the light pollution and get a clear view of the cosmos. Thanks for sharing.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
There's actually three trails. The middle one is the meteor, the other two are satellites. It's a thirty second exposure, so it picks up moving objects.
Wonderful photo. I had no idea that satellites were visible at night. That is really cool.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I saw a couple really bright ones last night. Was a very nice way to enjoy a late night pipe and an adult beverage.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I saw two the night before last and one on Saturday. I had no idea it was time for the Perseid showers until I read about it yesterday. I was feeling very lucky until then, lol.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Great Photo reminds me of one night me and my wife with some friends spent looking at the night sky we saw 23 shooting starts, 8 satellites and 9 constellations it was a great night thank you for this reminder on how beautiful the night sky really is.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Some years ago, I found myself driving east through Nevada on I-80 and for the first time, really saw the full spectacle that is the Perseid Showers ... an absolute light show. Sadly, there's far too much ambient light in my area to get the great view you've got ... nice photo too ... really shows well.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kudos. This is my senior days hobby, set up the camera, and let er rip.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great photo...thanks for posting. Here is an amazing Perseid photo someone in NM took:
http://spaceweather.com/gallery/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=85375

Status
Not open for further replies.