Perhaps One Of The Artists Here Could Assist Me.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
So i saw the a thread started on pipe tattoos again! and it got me thinking that i wouldn't mind getting another tattoo but i need to make sure it has meaning. so i draw up a sketch and a terrible one at that, but its just a concept im working on. I have lots of hobbies and my hobbies mean a lot to me but the only ones worth getting a tat of are pipe smoking and my poetry. I drew this sketch as a joke and wrote some phrase in it just to add to the meaning. But now its growing on me.
When im stuck on something or i have to solve a problem i go smoke a bowl right down to the ash to give me time to think alone as i am sure all of you do. so i wrote "The Ash Will Reveal The Answer" in this sketch in a neat way. I think it isn't that bad for someone who isnt really a artist with the pencil.
Anyway here it is i would love you suggestions and opinions would also love if one of you who can draw would redo this for me i would seriously consider it as a tattoo.
1907335_10152214056367889_37568182_n.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like it ... sounds like something that would immediately follow the phrase:
"It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes".
Please post the final works!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"The Ash Will Reveal the Answer" makes the ash sort of like tea leaves being read. Just to

brainstorm a little, it could just be, "The Ash Will Tell." Or others, "Light In The Leaf," or

"Inspiration In Smoke." I like the crossed pipe and quill. You might check clip art online

to get some interpretations of quill pens. You want the picture to read quickly, so you may

not want too many flourishes; I think the nib (point) of the quill pen could be done nicely so

it would look like a nib but not be over-size. Hey, the pipe's sort of a zulu or cutty, a little

cant to the bowl. Looks like a good concept. Keep working on it; it will be all your own.

Aug 14, 2012
You are asking an artist to do free work for you? There are people here, not me, that do this for a living. Maybe if you paid with a new Dunhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.