PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Yesterday:

"Yes maybe, or maybe not.Tomorrow I will post some pic of a new pipe I'm carving.A Danish styled giant size.No price I decided to ask for it.Symply If someone is interested will send me a private message with an offer.Maybe I will accept maybe not but it will remains a secret from us.Nobody will know from me if the pipe will be sold or not.Only buyer eventually could say that.I will be Honored to receive any type of offer,nobody must be felt refrained by a low offer, I will appreciate in any case.

Why I do that? Because I have to decide if start the "Janua" brand outside my home or not and guess that could help my decision.I don't need money even everybody does, symply i need to see if a full hand carved pipe could obtain a correct wage.

Shipping to usa by registered signed for small parcel cost from 17 to 23 dollars.It depends on weight.Think 17 is more reasonable as 350 grams whould be enough to a pipe.

Well my friends will be something like a game , if you'll like of course.

Thank you in advance for the cooperation in this project

Maurizio"
Today:

I will add 3 more pipes of different carving to offer a better choice
pipe n°1 (finished today) comes with two stem the first in lucite the second in ebonite fot those don't like lucite.long 6,3 inch height 3,15,large 1,57 bore diameter 0,87 weight 0,17 lb
dsc3184j.jpg

dsc3186j.jpg

dsc3189a.jpg

dsc3196m.jpg

dsc3197m.jpg

dsc3204n.jpg

dsc3229c.jpg

pipe n°2 (already introduced) long 6,89 inch height 2,17 large 1,46 bore diameter 0,79 weight 0,17 lb
dsc2864q.jpg

dsc2866a.jpg

dsc2868d.jpg

pipe n°3 (already introduced) long 6,5 inc height 2,36 large 1,46 bore diameter 0,79 weight 0,15 lb
dsc2879b.jpg

dsc2880x.jpg

dsc2882.jpg

pipe n°4 (already introduced) four tones colour.Long 5,31 inc, heigh 2,52 large 1,57 bore diameter 0,79 weight 0,17 lb
dsc2920m.jpg

dsc2919mr.jpg

dsc2918i.jpg

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Those are all gorgeous, Maurizio! I wish I was in a position to make an offer right now, but will have to wait until money is better. I envy the lucky member who is lucky enough to own one of your wonderful creations.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Wow I really like the pips but I will not insult you buy Naming a price. they are worth more than I am comfortable spending.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I love your pipes, but I am definitely not in a position to make an offer, I am already going to end up eating nothing but ramen for the whole semester as it is.
I hope you get some offers, They are very nice and they may end up making you a famous carver

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Arrggghhhh!

PAD is no longer an itch, this opportunity is making it more of a full blown attack.
Anyone that may take Maurizio up on his offer is honor bound to crow about their good fortune (-:

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
" I like the third one. What do you think the price should be?"
really don't know,i try to understand with the help of the forum

Maurizio

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Anyone that may take Maurizio up on his offer is honor bound to crow about their good fortune (-:
I know, we have all been watching his pipes for a long time wishing that we could have one!!!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Wow I really like the pips but I will not insult you buy Naming a price. they are worth more than I am comfortable spending.
Yeah, what I can afford to offer would probably be insulting.
Maurizio - How long does it take you to make one of these pipes? I imagine it takes an extraordinary amount of attention to detail in order to accomplish such, geez I wouldn't normally use this one but the word fits, perfection.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Oh and for my two cents on wich one is my favorite I am somewhat against the crowd, I love the second pipe, sont get me wrong all the others are very close behind, but that second one is just purty

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
My favorites are definitely the sitter and the plateau freehand
" I like the third one. What do you think the price should be?"
really don't know,i try to understand with the help of the forum

Maurizio
Maurizio, I'd be willing to bet you could get even more $$$ for these (especially if you auctioned them on Ebay) than Dejarnett charges. You are easily on par with the quality of craftsmanship that he does. He sells his pipes in the $175-250 range, or at least the ones I've seen.
I know I'm not the only one here that thinks you could make a lot of pipe smoker's happy if you sold your creations. If it's something you enjoy doing, wow man, go for it, launch your brand.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
IMO you need to open yourself up to the world-wide market, not just a few hundred active users on a forum.
Also, imo, your pipes are way, way superior to, say, Mario Grandi's, even their highest end ones. If I were you I'd give myself 3 months of making/selling on eBay to really get a feel for what the market will, or, more importantly, can pay, considering the world's economy is still totally screwed.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
If i were you i would message a guy on ebay named coopersark he has a reputation for selling high end pipes and makes a killing. He may could help you get started. And with your skill and his reputation you really could do well

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I mentioned this in another topic, but when looking at new carvers I have a few questions:

1. Where do you get your wood from?

2. Did you drill it yourself?

3. Did you cut the stems yourself?
Let me know and I may make an offer.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
1)briar comes from Calabria usually, sometime from Tuscany and sometime from Liguria .Always Italian briar

2)I drill myself the ebauchon and the plateau of course.If I want to obtain the better grain and the shape i have in mind from a briar block it's necessay to drill it in the exact point.Pre drilled drives shape and grain , custom drill drives what you whould obtain.Pre drilled are expensives for the quality they offer.Only amateur can use them just to get fun and sometime decent results, but not top results at all.

3) about stems, it depends sometime are fully hand cut sometime partially and sometime adapted. It depends on the shape i want to obtain.Pipes n° 2 and 3 Have fully hand cut stem , ebonite in the first one is partially hand cut and others two simply shaped because are ready and perfect to match my ideas.If you look back at pipes i showed in the past you'll see complex form of stem impossible to find on the market simply because they need to be cut by hand

Hope that will help

Maurizio

Status
Not open for further replies.