PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayan

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
Brazil
You guys smokers have your smell sense well developed, I guess. It is logical. We talk about smell and taste.

I think a good question is: What kind of perfume do you use or like?

Is it similar with your tobacco taste?

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I use what ever cologne my wife buys for me. I actually like them, and she's bought me some real winners. My favorites are kinds of woodsy and dense. I don't know a more articulate way to describe it though. Not sure if that helps you answer your query.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I dislike perfumes, colognes and fragrances of any kind. I don't use them, and neither does my wife. People should smell like people and not like a garden, a fruit salad, or whatever.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
RL Romance for her, I don't ever have to buy any, apparently one year I really stink cause that's all I've got for Christmas for a long time, I think my fav is ck one or polo black tho.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I rarely wear cologne but when I do (...I wear dos equis) there are a few I like, Polo Blue and Tommy Hilfiger.
On a related topic, the Wikipedia article on Latakia tobaccos states, "A modern perfume called Fumerie Turque (Turkish Smoke) was created by French company Serge Lutens, reproducing a fragrance in emulation of Latakia tobacco." Anyone ever gotten a whiff?

http://www.sergelutens.com/purchase/catalogsearch/result/?q=fumerie+turque

ulteriorzaiak

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
The only thing I wear on a regular basis is my Old Spice Aftershave. Oddly enough, my body chemistry makes most colognes smell the same after about an hour or so, so... yeah... aftershave. :P

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Club man Bay Rum for me. The wife likes it and its only $4. :) I ran out this year and could not find any in the stores. The wife told me I could not deviate from that scent so I ordered 4 bottles on line. I'm set for years now.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife has so many allergies, that neither of us wear anything that smells, including shampoo and dish soap. Nothing kills the mood like a sneezing blowing fit.
Winton

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Right now I'm using Kenneth Cole Black, Michael Jordan, or Davidoff's Cool Water. Chanel has a really good one for men I believe it's called De Bleu. Had a sample of that a while ago. Good, but I'd rather spend more money on tobacco and pipes than another cologne. A lot of those stores like Sephora that carry perfumes/colognes will give you a sample if you ask for one. Usually it's enough for a dozen uses or so. The Mrs. is big into Fracas, not sure of the spelling or who it's by. But it's expensive as hell. Around $80 for the smallest bottle. That's why it's a once every other year present.

Status
Not open for further replies.