PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
Here in northern Indiana we just recently received some snow, so what do I think "go walk in the cold, bring your pipe.' boy let me tell you this was probably my best idea in weeks. let me paint a picture of how it was here on campus, there was no wind, almost no sound and almost no people just myself and my pipe.

20161210_224331-600x337.jpg

(attempt at a panorama of campus)
20161210_225021-176x600.jpg

and of course it doesn't flip this one^

anyone else blessed by nights like these?

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
anyone else blessed by nights like these?
Yes. The calmness and peace can be astounding, and lead to some fantastic pipe smoking experiences.
The pics do a great job describing the scene. Makes me want to bundle up and get out there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I savor the way a layer of snow muffles sound, so there is a silence all around, and a softness to any sound that's heard. I grew up in Illinois, so Midwestern weather is familiar to me. When it really got cold, just getting out and walking was exhilarating, like a swim or a workout.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
We got a few solid inches of snow here in the Chicago north side. Had a nice, long crunchy walk before the snow blowers hit the sidewalks. No wind, even right on the Lake Michigan shoreline. Had a billiard full of My Mixture 965.
Sometimes I love winter. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.