PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I like it , This is one of only 2 flakes they make in house . I confirmed in the store that the others are McCelland they also said they are straight from the bag no additional processing so I just buy the McC now. #8 is more of a crumble cake since they don't have a steam press - the addition of the burley makes it more balanced in my opinion. My only other comment it that it is sold a bit dry for my taste but that can be batch specific.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Dang, now it looks like I have to order some to try. :)
Thank you for the info, nurseman and bonehed.
nurseman, thanks for letting me know most of their flakes are McClelland. For some reason, their blends do not agree with my tongue so you saved me a lot of trial and error.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I've tried it through a member here who got some through a reddit box pass. It's more of a crumble cake almost than a flake. It's a really nice vaper with a bit of burley added I think. If you like Vapers it's a must try.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I like it quite a bit and am (slowly) working my way through an 8oz can.
What's the other flake they make in house? My memory is failing me.
I miss Somerset Slice. I don't THINK they made it in house, but also fairly confident it wasn't McClelland. It's pretty obvious which ones are.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've received paint cans with rust. Feedback from others was that they are a Peretti custom and not meant for storage.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
My sample arrived today and this smells wonderful. Its pretty dry though, is this normal for this blend? Just curious, it was sealed in the paint can and is now jarred up. You can get 8oz into a pint sized wide mouth Bell jar.

Dec 24, 2012
Smoking some of this now and I am really enjoying it. I wouldn't call it complex, but it is extremely favourful through the entire bowl. I am glad I grabbed 4 tins on a recent trip to Peretti.

Status
Not open for further replies.