PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Hey All,
I have developed a StepChild, if you will, of SixPence. Is it a clone? No. But if you like the nuances that you get from Pease's Masterpiece Sixpence and are afraid that it will eventually fade away because of the United States Government, try this out.
SixCents
50% C&D's Yorktown

50% C&D's Granulated Perique

A Drop of Legendre's Herbsaint or Pernod.
Let the blend marinate overnight, dry it out the next day. This could take a couple of hours, to your taste of course. You could add Dark Fired to it, I probably will eventually. I like the 50-50 ratio, It could be tweaked a bit if you don't want that much perique. I have found that if you dry the perique out, you get the flavors of the perique to blossom, instead of the full blown raw perique flavors. This could not possibly replace the Sixpence but we are being driven to these experiments, might as well start amateur blending. Happy Smoke! :puffpipe:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Smoked three bowls of this mixture, it's in the neighborhood. I'm about to order some Dark Fired leaf from C&D along with some Bijou...
I'm pretty impressed with this stuff. Herbsaint is a complex Anisette, you'd think this would destroy the tobacco but it really enhances the flavor of the leaf. Tames the perique and adds dimensions to the Virginia. I believe C&D uses Pernod on Sixpence. It's basically the same as Herbsaint, which both are Knockoffs of Absinthe. I've tried to use absinthe but the Alcohol levels are to high, you lose a lot of the oils from the evaporation.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds delicious. The creativity of pipe smokers who homebrew will never cease to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.