Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Per Georg Jensen of The Mac Baren Tobacco Company. Per will be revealing some of the new items that will be released at the upcoming Chicago pipe show, such as HH Burley and Balkan Blend. Be sure to visit the Mac Baren booth for samples, and to become part of their new video series on why you smoke a pipe. There is also a huge surprise on a cult tobacco coming back. In Pipe Parts, Brian will do a review of Presbyterian Mixture.
PerGeorgJensen.jpg

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
A new burley flake is worth the drive! I hope Mac Baren knocks this one out of the park. Plus, having another good burley flake that isn't unobtainable like the Solani/Wessex would be nice.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've been smoking the Burley Flake, listing it as "Mystery Blend" because I wasn't supposed to spill the info yet. I've about finished my review and will post it this weekend, as I was asked to do. And yes, I like it quite a bit.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Can’t wait to see the review JimInks. After listening to the show I’m intrigued.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'll be reviewing that one as soon as I get it. Being a long time Three Nuns smoker, I want to try that one.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Ugh, excited for you guys that can make Chicago but I'm a no go. But, I'll be there in Vegas in November. Great podcast this week, and looking forward to JimInks' review of the new HH burley.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Amphora Virginia and Burley Flake should be on sale very soon, I imagine. I have a nice stash of the AV, and have reviewed it already.

slrichman

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Kevin, I listened to the interview overnight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Per is fascinating. By the way, my appreciation of Mac Baren products (Navy Flake, Plumcake, and Scottish Blend especially), which I've known about since the 1960s, grows by the day.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Really looking forward to the Three Nuns with Perique, the HH Burley, and the Amphora Virginia. Always good when Per stops by the show. Have fun in Chicago everyone, hope to join you all there next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.