PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Hey guys, just a quick heads up that Mars Cigars has 2 ounce tins of Penzance @ $10.50 (looks like a 1 tin limit). They had the 8 ounce bags yesterday evening, but they are now sold out. For those that have never tried Penzance and don't wish to pay for an 8 ounce bag here is your chance. A very reasonable price for 2 ounces!

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Right after I just promised my wife I wouldn't buy anymore tobacco for a bit. I had just gotten my TAD order for the month and had "the cellar" out, it's 2 big rubber maid tubs. It was suggested 1 tub would be enough. I tried showing her the "show me you cellar" thread to show he how small mine is but it did not work. Luckily for me, Booker had just sent me a sample. Good heads up Phil.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well missed out again. My problem is I have to work and can't spend all day on the computer. Break time is 9:45am-10:00am. Alas maybe next year.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Actually they didn’t sell out that quickly. They had it in stock since yesterday although I have no idea at what time. I got on their site last night about 10:00pm CST and noticed that it was in stock so I ordered 3 bags as I didn’t notice the 1 limit restriction until today. I immediately received an email confirmation on the order, but they might very well send me another email later today informing me that they can only send 1 bag which of course is fine with me. Anyway, I then noticed that they were out of stock on the 8 ounce bags about 10:30pm and for some reason I just assumed that they were also out of stock on the tins. If I had noticed that the tins were still in stock I certainly would have posted a notice here last night rather than this morning.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
No Penzance but I did score some of the 'lesser' Esotericas. 4 pounds coming my way at a splendid price!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
WOW... I'll never do business with Mars Cigars again. I just received an email from them stating that my order has been canceled with NO explanation! Sorry, but that is just completely and totally unacceptable bull shit from any Internet retail tobacco site.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I got on their site last night about 10:00pm CST and noticed that it was in stock so I ordered 3 bags as I didn’t notice the 1 limit restriction until today.
WOW... I'll never do business with Mars Cigars again. I just received an email from them stating that my order has been canceled with NO explanation! Sorry, but that is just completely and totally unacceptable bull shit from any Internet retail tobacco site.
When Mars has had these tobaccos in the past, I've NEVER NOT seen a limit on the purchases......
"STRICT LIMIT OF 1 PER ORDER/CUSTOMER/FAMILY"
It's even there when they are not in stock......

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
When Mars has had these tobaccos in the past, I've NEVER NOT seen a limit on the purchases......
"STRICT LIMIT OF 1 PER ORDER/CUSTOMER/FAMILY"
It's even there when they are not in stock......
That might very well be, but it stated IN STOCK, and I received an email verification after placing my order with an accompanying Order Number. I don't give a rats ass about the Penzance, but I do have an issue with their shoddy way of dealing with a customer and giving no explanation whatsoever for cancelling my order, much less an apology. Lesson learned, and Mars Cigars is now on my shit list.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I made the same mistake (my fault) about a year ago when ordering some WBCDF (when it was more difficult to obtain) by ordering over the limit from Cup O' Joes. They sent me an apologetic email the following day stating that I had ordered more than the limit, and asked me if I would care to have my order adjusted to proper amount of tins. All was copacetic, and my order was adjusted with no problems or issues on my part, or theirs. That is the proper way how to handle such a misunderstanding. However, I just received an email from Mars Cigars and I honestly thought I received an email from the soup Nazi of the Seinfeld show! I quote:
Notice of a srict limit of one unit of Penzance is gien on the site. You did not follow the limit.
So, with that they simply canceled my order as if to slap my hand. Bad boy, no more Penzance for you!
Bottom line... I sent them a response and ripped them out a new ass hole. Won't do any good, but damn, it made me feel so much better! :wink:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
"Strict Limit" get it? You just found out what "Strict" means. How are they supposed to know if you made an honest mistake, or were trying to game the system. Live and learn.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
"Strict Limit" get it? You just found out what "Strict" means.
Jawohl mein herr! Please excuse me while I genuflect at the ankles while flagellating myself in repentance!
You've got to be freaking joking! :roll:
Live and learn.
That I did... never to deal with ass holes like them again.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
...excuse me while I genuflect at the ankles while flagellating myself in repentance!
Oh, I don't think you have to go that far...

Not trying to start an argument here Phil, but I don't find your order being canceled, given the circumstances, really all that surprising. Better luck next time...

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Notice of a srict limit of one unit of Penzance is gien on the site. You did not follow the limit.
If they want to have a limit they should have their site set up to enforce it and automatically correct if someone adds more to the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.