PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stluisrey

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2010
Orange, CA
I was very lucky to acquire a bag each of Stonehaven and Penzance back in 2011. A customer of one of my online shops ordered these bags and ended up not being able to pay for them. The opportunity was there and I was able to acquire them. I recall trying the Penzance and Stonehaven at that time, I was left underwhelmed. The flavors were just not there for me. So I jarred them up and sat on them for 3 years.
What a difference 3 years age made on this tobacco. The flavors came alive. Some sweet, some bitter, some zest, the complexity is what really impressed me. There's all kinds of flavors going on in this tobacco, at the same time, and it is all good. Very rich tasting with every puff. Even the room note is fantastic. Ok, now I get why this is talked about so favorably in the reviews.
Looking forward to revisiting the Stonehaven next.
CIMG2755.JPG

CIMG2754.JPG

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I bet the Stonehaven will floor you. I have had some Penzance several years old that was really good, and some that was too tried out and didn't taste like much.

groovesmith75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2014
it's very good and I have alot cellared. But their are many blends just as good that are not hard to get such as northwoods, glp Westminster, owls head, and spc plum pudding just to name a few

Status
Not open for further replies.