PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Ahh...yes..this only works if you are set up to receive email alerts from them. Sorry about this! Mods, you can delete.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
IRC also enjoys selling their internet customers out to the various state tax collectors who stop by, asking for your info. =)
I live in Switzerland...good luck to them.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
Did anyone notice if it was just Penzance or were there other Esoterica tobacs available too? Makes me wonder if a load made it here to the states.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
Im pretty sure the email is to a special link where they can get the item they signed up for and anything else can be added to the cart. So other Esotericas they don’t have the link for would not be available.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Did anyone notice if it was just Penzance or were there other Esoterica tobacs available too? Makes me wonder if a load made it here to the states.

I contacted a few sites about Germain shipments. Some have received(Sold Out) and others are waiting(or not saying).

So now I check 3x's a day.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
IRC also enjoys selling their internet customers out to the various state tax collectors who stop by, asking for your info. =

That doesn't sound good. Is this the norm ?
I'm thinking that was probably said in jest but didn't translate well through the written medium.
The idea that other state taxing authorities would try to compel an out of state retailer to provide anything is a little ludicrous.
Texas: "Hey IRC, this is Texas. Could you send me a list of all your Texas customers and what they purchased?"
no way

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
[re: IRC] I am sure they hate it as much as anyone else. Perhaps they could have thumbed their noses at whoever insisted on the info, but who knows the whole story?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The State has unlimited resources in the form of citizen's money. If they decide to go after someone, no matter how weak their case or how unconstitutional it's underpinnings, they are guaranteed to outspend and out-lawyer the defendant. I don't blame merchants for acquiescing to the demands of out-of-state taxing authorities.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I'm as guilty as anyone of buying most tobacco online, but I really wouldn't mind if all the etailers started charging us taxes for online tobacco purchases. I think it would drive a lot if not most of us to start buying more or all from local B&M's...I think that could be great for us...maybe really revitalize the stores that are still around.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ron, it's not the etailers that are charging tax, it's the State that's confiscating our hard-earned money. I'm unilaterally opposed to ANY tobacco taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.