PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I wonder why the 8 oz bag is pretty available but never tins? Also Margate lately is never around.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
How much Penzance do you guys keep in the cellar? I ask because I prefer to stock up because i really like it but I have heard it does not ag?e well? Do you cellar multiple pounds?

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
damn! i have been waiting forever to get some of the 8oz bags from P&C looks like i missed out again. I was just emailing Sara Voss from customer service the other day asking if I could get on some sort of list to be notified when it comes in. of course she said no they dont do that and the only way to know when Penzance comes in stock is to look at the news letters they send out. Boils my blood that they cant be any more helpful about that. I love everything else about their service though.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I never catch it at P&C. It is difficult because they don't have an in stock email system like smoking pipes. They really need to overhaul their website to match what services their competitors are offering.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Hi folks. I am new to the board. I think I have an extra 8 oz bag of Penzance if someone is having Penzance DTs and wants to make a trade ( I am new so I suppose trading is allowed here but if not I apologize )

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
I'd be willong to buy one ounce from whoever has one to spare!!

I've heard so many things I want to try it!!

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I have not found anything that I like better than Penzance. I have other blends that I like just as much, like Squadron Leader but nothing tastes like Penzance. But I know how it goes, I scored a bag of Stonehaven and I am not sure I like it. Cellering it for a while and trying to find a pipe it likes. It just tastes flat to me. Haddos Delight is another one everybody likes but I am still not convinced on.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
ram74 wrote:
I ask because I prefer to stock up because i really like it but I have heard it does not ag?e well?
I'm sure I've contributed to that impression. I wouldn't say "it doesn't age well," though. I'd say that some of the flavors that make it so delightful (for me) when fresh vanish after a couple of years in the tins. At which point it becomes less of a distinctive smoke (again, for me) and more straightforward.
For me, though, Penzance is too precious not to cellar. So I've currently got 5 lbs in the cellar, going back to 2005.
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Phil22 wrote:
( I am new so I suppose trading is allowed here but if not I apologize )
I think the mods want us to keep trading discussions limited to Private Messages between members and to offerings on the BriarBid.com sister site.
Bob

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Bob, as a matter of fact yes, your post is what I was referencing. I like Penzance fresh but have never tried it aged. I have bought several pounds in the last two months due to the current political climate and the fact I have no B&Ms by me. I have to order online and if that is banned I am screwed. Better safe than sorry.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I enjoy Latakia as much as most but enjoy it even more after years of aging. For my palate it just mellows out the flavor instead of being so prominent a flavor up front. This is also why I enjoy vintage blends that have been stashed for many years. To me it's like a fine wine, to be savored and shared with friends that enjoy the same. Just my 2 cents.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.