PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Howdy gents and ladies,
I know where there are 4 8oz bags of Penzance being sold by a privately owned shop/B&M for $55 bucks a bag plus shipping. I will give out the number, but I ask this: I'm asking for only folks who have never had the chance to buy any to be the ones who utilize this "deal". Is that acceptable? So if you are sitting on a supply of more than 2oz I politely ask that you not participate. So this is an honor deal, and among you, my fellow pipesters I feel you word would be good enough for me.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Well count me out then! :D
$55 might seem steep to some but if you've never had it you should hop on it. Thank for posting seadog!

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks Jordon...you're a good man!!
BTW...PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE ONE 8OZ BAG PER PERSON SO 4 PEOPLE CAN GET IN ON THIS.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I have 4 ounces of Penzance I could part with for the first guy to PM me and who is able to send 5 bucks for shipping.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
While I respect your opinion it simply doesn't hold true for me. I would never chastise someone for liking a OTC blend, it's all about what works for them. If I thought Penzance a waste then I wouldn't buy any. I like GLP QN but I want both in my cellar, I wouldn't be satisfied only having one.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Understood, I too think everyone should like what they smoke, and smoke what they like. I wasn't chastising anyone for liking Penzance. What I find a challenge, is the hyping of a hard to find blend. I find that after finally getting a hold of a elusive blend, that it rarely meets expectations.
This held true for me with Penzance, and while its a good smoke, I dont think it's worth the trouble of obtaining it.
This was geared more towards those that havent had it, which is why I suggested Quiet Nights since it's as equally good (in my opinion), and much more easily obtained.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Still haven't tried Penzance, but I still refuse to pay anymore than it's normal price ($38.00+-). Hell, too many other tasty tobaccos out there and I'll survive quite nicely. If by chance I found it to be one hell of a fine tobacco then I'd have to deal with the prospect of it's notorious over hyped availability. Then again, in all my years I've never yet found a tobacco that would make me lose sleep, or trouble me in the least if I could no longer obtain it.
Other than that, a very nice gesture for seadog to post it's availability for those willing to pay the extra price. :wink:

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Let's see, they had Pembroke, Margate, Cardiff, And so to Bed in tins...they might have Tilbury in the 8OZ bags behind the counter...PM me and I'll give you the number, they are open tomorrow, MD, from 9 to 5 I believe. I agree, you like what you like and go for it or be damned! :P

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks Phil,
I think they might have one 8oz bag left for 55.00, if you are interested let me know and I'll PM you the number..call them at 9am sharp tomorrow and I bet you might score.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Thanks Phil,
I think they might have one 8oz bag left for 55.00, if you are interested let me know and I'll PM you the number..call them at 9am sharp tomorrow and I bet you might score.
Once again, a very nice gesture and offer seadog but I'll have to decline. As much as I'd like to try the damnable stuff I'm still not willing to pay that much for something I've never tried. Being retired and living on a small pension isn't very conducive to spend that much money on something I might end up not caring for all that much. I've spent enough money over the years with tobaccos that did nothing for me so when it comes to finances I have other higher priorities in life. Again... thank you for the consideration. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.