PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Anyone know where Penzance is available? Everywhere I have checked is sold out or it is not carried. I really want to try this baccy due to all the fantastic reviews but it seems to be a blend that is limited in availability.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Your best bet is to do what I do; call or email your Vendor and ask them to let you know when it is in stock and to hold a bag for you. My Vendor is GREAT that way.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
I too would like to know where this blend is available. With all of the excellent word of mouth on the forum, I figure that it's at least worth trying out.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
My local BM has it. They will do out of state phone orders. It's $42 bucks for the 8oz bags, pricey by about $10 compared to others, but cheaper than eBay.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Sign up for email notifications with all the site vendors. Milan actually had it in stock yesterday for bout an hour then it was gone. I almost ordered another bag but decided I would rather stock up on other things.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Call local vendors -- and I don't necessarily mean vendors local to you. I stop into a fantastic B&M two states away about twice a year, and they're happy to do phone orders. A little Googling will help to point you in the direction of the independent shops that might be good bets for carrying Esoterica's blends. (And I'd suggest those shops that are away from major cities, since those would be more likely, in my opinion, to serve folks who are also on the hunt.)
Next, sign up for e-mail notifications from SmokingPipes.com. And be prepared to act within a minute or two of getting the e-mail.
Bob

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
100$-125$!! I havent tried it ever but i m thinking about selling my 8oz!

pipes4

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
nsfisher, what about for people who live outside of USA, like me? How can I find a Vendor?

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Like has been said already just call places, any place even head shops, they might have some. Call everyone and eventually you will get it. I keep about 5 lbs on hand and smoke several ounces a week. It is out there I promise.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
I could have sworn I posted a few moments ago on this thread...Anyway, I has asked a question in regards to why this blend is so difficult to find.
Is it because of the extreme popularity, and therefore when a vendor has it in stock, everyone will buy all the tins available, or is it because this blend has a limited production of some sort?
I assume that if it's because of the blend being very popular at the moment, I expect that when things "cool down" a bit (or everyone gets stocked up on what they think they will need), it should be readily available again.
Any thoughts?

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
The answer is both. It's extremely popular and they don't make a lot of it. They make it for one, and only one, distributor, and when they get it in stock, it is quickly bought up by retailers. And when the retailers get it, particularly the online retailers, it is quickly bought up by their customers.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Funny thing about Penzance: a few years back it was readily available; at least whenever I wanted some, it was in stock. Then something happened and it seemed to get really popular and outages began. I still suspect that was when Hobie found out about it... :lol:

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Shhhhhh! Roth, don't give away the secrets! Next thing we know PaintedKlown will be wanting one of our secret decoder rings....

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Shhhhhh! Roth, don't give away the secrets! Next thing we know PaintedKlown will be wanting one of our secret decoder rings....
HAHAHHA! I have heard tales of them coming with your first order of Penzance when you enter the coupon code "Hobie" at checkout. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.