PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
So the significant other gave me her review of Penzance, she told me last night that my Penzance makes her sneeze and asked me to unload it and she would buy me $200.00 of VAs, Vapers or Va/Bur blends since she really like the aroma of those blends. Not a bad deal I thought.
I have 3-2oz tins of Penzance and to make the deal more interesting I will throw in a tin of the new Balkan Sobranie and have it delivered to you for $100.00 even.
Please email me at gnfein@yahoo.com if interested.
My review of this baccy is that it shines with excellent balance but there is a slightly odd aftertaste which seems to remind me of cigarette tobacco and since I've recently quit I don't want to have that reminder.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a bit steep for me. Got an 8oz bag of And So To Bed, and 5 tins of Balkan Sobranie recently for $80. :|

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
You dont meet the requirements for sale thread. Also I just got 3 tins from 1999 and an 8 oz bag from 1999 and 3 new tins for 150.00. Every couple of months Penzance is restocked at reasonable prices.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Call me crazy but I'm always a little suspicious when you see someone selling one of the most sought after blends with 11 posts. Don't take it personally, it's just alot of people have been scammed like this.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is still a heck of a deal for him though. Unload the tobaccos for $100, which is not bad if you don't have sources or a quick trigger finger, plus another $200 from the other half. Too bad the post requirement is not there.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well either way you're getting 200$ if you throw it away,
Too bad the post requirement is not there.

Well the email is and I wouldn't doubt if 20 people have replied. This is how Kyle Black makes his money, pipe smokers seem to be a too trusting bunch of people. Well that's my 2 cents on the matter.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
That is still a heck of a deal for him though. Unload the tobaccos for $100, which is not bad if you don't have sources or a quick trigger finger, plus another $200 from the other half. Too bad the post requirement is not there.
I tend to agree. Better than ebay prices and not everyone has a reliable source. I don't visit many B&M's so not sure how far off B&M prices $25.00 a tin would be, but neither brand is easy to find through online sources.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-new-balkan-sobranieehnot-my-cup-o-tea I think Condorlover would be able to vouch for this guy if the other transaction went as promised.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
First off I enjoy Penzance, but I will tell you straight up its the second most over-rated tobacco in the world behind Stonehaven. I paid $35 for my 8oz bag and really that's all its worth. I love Balkan Sobranie as it's one of my favorites, but I wouldn't pay more than $15 a tin for it. All my tins were bought for $11-13.
Both tobacco's are good, but very over-hyped! Definitely not worth the price people pay on ebay etc.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
It may not be a bad price with the ridiculous and unfounded hype this blend has, nor do I care. However, I feel that protocol/rules should be adhered to as we all must do in selling items with the appropriate number of posts, and in the correct forum heading, before offering items for sale.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It may not be a bad price with the ridiculous and unfounded hype this blend has, nor do I care. However, I feel that protocol/rules should be adhered to as we all must do in selling items with the appropriate number of posts, and in the correct forum heading, before offering items for sale.
Indubitably. I kind of find it amusing how this guy just pops in every once in awhile when he has an extremely sought after tobacco and sells it at an inflated price.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Hi guys...I sold this to a very nice fellow on this site and he was quite happy. Additionally I gave him names and numbers to find his own hard to find sought after blends, as I know of quite a few places you wont easily find online...and he will likely not need to purchase from me again. I was in a position which required a sale quickly and it worked out for me and I am grateful. There is no scam in my game, I don't play that way. Inflated prices...yes somewhat, but still reasonable to those who cannot find these as one wise post indicated. My previous deal went down well, simply ask the other gentleman if you so choose. As far as getting the 100 posts...I did circumvent that rule and I apologize...I wont do that again out of respect to the board and its fine members.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Actually now that I remember I sold to another person, Steve Fallon...aka Pipestud...his email can be readily found on the net. Peace

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yup, when the hype was on for Penz and Stonehaven, I bought whenever available. I now have 9 bags of Penz and 6 bags os Stonehaven. Expect it will last me a lifetime. I like em both, but only rarely. Doubt if I smoke more than a bowl or 2 of em per month. Rather have CH or PA.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I hope it works out - I couldn't send $100 to a poster with such a low post count. Maybe I am being paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.