Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
OK, so I see that pipesandcigars has penzance, but what the heck?.... $20 for a two-ounce tin from a retailer? What a frigg'in joke!

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
If you're in NYC, Barclay-Rex on 42nd street has Penzance in bulk at around $8/oz. Not that much less but avoids shipping costs if you are in or around town.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
nate, it's limit 1 on either the 8 oz or tin, so they'll only send 1. yeah, and they get you there too (on shipping)! sometimes i h8 pipesandcigars. price gougers!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I don't understand why they mark it up so much. I'm not paying $20 for a tin or $50 for a bag when other online retailers are so much cheaper.
What's interesting though is I see that Pelican is in stock

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Along that line... Windy City Cigars has And So to Bed and Pembroke in stock at the moment. Each are $39.99 for 8 ounces with free shipping. Over the weekend, a pop-uo window took $5 off, don't know about now for that:

Esoterica page

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Pipes and Cigars are aware of the cost that Penzance and other Esoterica blends go for on ebay, so they mark theirs up because they know people will pay for it. Why sell it at suggested retail of $35 when you can get someone to pay $50. Seems like a smart business practice. I'm not saying its right, but its smart.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
Seems like a smart business practice. I'm not saying its right, but its smart.
To be honest, it's not that bad.
Think about what you'd pay for a high end cigar. We pipe smokers have it pretty good. :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Right... These sites are rolling in cash. I have no problem with them trying to make a living. These bags still sell all day long for $90+ on the secondary market. I'm happy to buy them for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.