PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samw74

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
This burley forward blend consists mainly of light to dark brown ribbons, with a small amount of unflavored black cavendish. I taste, oats, nuts, hay, and has a mild sweetness to it. I do not detect any topping. It’s cool, dry and never harsh. I’ve smoked it in various briars and cobs. It’s plain, mild, natural, and works well as an all day smoke. I recommend it to any newbies or burley lovers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, that's a tasty blend. I really enjoyed it several years ago, and would have ordered more if there weren't so many other options tugging at my sleeve. I tend to gravitate toward burley and burley blends, although not exclusively.

aguineapig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2014
Pegasus is one of my favorite blends of all time. A bit of age benefits it a lot, even 6 months in a jar, just for marrying of the components rather than any fermentation. It's strong, but not a nic bomb by my standards, as a very moderate smoker I like that, I'm not burning a bowl all day long.
If ya like burley at all, do give this blend a shot. Then stick it in a jar, and give it another shot a year later. It's really, really good.

Reactions: Dirty D

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
I was not really into burleys until I smoked this one while studying, it is a perfect comfort smoke that doesn't require a lot of attention and gives a very satisfying taste and mouthfeel.. Really love it as it is not too strong like many burleys and the virginias nicely balance it out. A perfect smoke for when you don't want to focus on every single nuance. If I think of pipe tobacco, I would think of this.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D is a foremost burley blender, uses it widely and creatively. If you like burley, they're a good friend.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Pegasus, my all time favorite blend and one I would smoke exclusively if not for all the other blends I have in rotation. I've smoked a lot of burley blends over the past 50 yrs and as far as I'm concerned it's the best I've ever smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.