PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I had a great time at the Chicago pipe show and I am sure I will be back. I met some of the forum members, drank a fair bit, and smoked way too much.
The pipes I picked up are shown below.
If you haven't been to a show then you should definitely attend. It was a grand old time.
2UWlWVH.jpg

• Love
Reactions: orlandofurioso

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow, very nice haul Peck! Great selection of shapes. I love the blast on that JT Cooke stubby Dublin, that looks really nice!
Well done! :clap:

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
That is an amazing haul. They couldn't have gone to a more appropriate place. Enjoy and keep us informed.

Dec 24, 2012
Is that all Peck?
I think there are a couple of others, but I am smoking those now and they are not in the pic. This is most of them for sure.
Trust me when I say that I showed significant PAD restraint. Only someone who has been to the Chicago show can truly understand that statement.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
My eye scanned the page and was attracted like a moth to the flame to the shiny finishes, and it wasn't until I re-scanned more slowly that I noticed the Red Rusticated Rhodesian.

I just liked writing that...but, it does look like a 'cool' pipe!!

Dec 24, 2012
I should have named the carvers. Starting from the top left of the picture and moving clockwise we have: Armentrout, Cooke, Parks, Markel, Castello, Eltang, Layton, Teipen, Davidson, Davidson.
There is one I foregot to include. My first Tsuge, made by Kikuchi - to my knowledge, the most attractive carver in all of Pipedom.
e6Ds2LU.jpg

kArUBPm.jpg

eWfZeWg.jpg

QDQUiN2.jpg

fsQSTKv.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks Troy. Yeah, I am a sucker for horn. And it was quite exciting to buy an Eltang and then to chat with Eltang himself over a bowl a half hour later.
NFNU8zQ.jpg

HODRrj3.jpg

qMuQ7iS.jpg

nKz5m0K.jpg

5yabB5h.jpg

May 31, 2012
He killed that shape to perfection!

Unusual and unique it is.
...And it was quite exciting to buy an Eltang and then to chat with Eltang himself over a bowl a half hour later.
Okay,

don't rub it in!

:lol:
:evil:

:crying:

:wink:
ylmIxiD.png

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That haul is simply stunning, collectively and individually. You're gonna have a good time breaking those in!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, awesome haul. Love that Eltang and Tsuge. Give me a run down on how those two smoke in comparison to some of your Parks and other No American carvers. All of your blasted pipes look like they have great blasts, how about smome more pics on those. That Tsuge is really outstanding, love the Birdseye and grain.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
WoW! What a haul. A very good looking group. This was something like my 17th CPCC show and the first year I didn't bring home a pipe. I was hoping to get a pipe for the collection I have been after but it was not yet available but I did come home with some great memories, books, three silent auction wins, the cigar dinner goodie bag and some treasured gifts. No bills or IOU's will help me get a jump on the GKCPS show in June. 8O

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Peck, if you keep it up, one of these days your going to be able to put a fair pipe collection together. :lol:

That top center blast is unbelievable.

Have you ever shown your entire collection on here? As a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.