PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I had a terrible day yesterday. Terrible of biblical proportions! Ok... perhaps not quite that bad. But it was one of the most frustrating and irritating and tiring days I've had at work in a long time. I won't bore you all with the details, but just know that I left work and came home feeling exhausted, unappreciated, and just down right down.
Peck PM'd me a while back saying he was sending me a small package. Which I thought was very nice of him. One of the things that's great about this forum is member's willingness to share a sample from time to time of their favorite tobaccos and such. And the members here are just straight up swell folk. I was excited to know I might be getting a sample of something I had not tried yet. I figured perhaps Peck had noticed a post where I said something like... "I haven't tried Super Awesome Tobacco Company's Best Blend In The World No. 1000 yet. But I'm adding it to my list of another 20,000 extremely awesome blends to try." I figured he might be sending me an ounce or two of above mentioned Best Blend In The World No. 1000. I was thankful for his generosity and I've been eagerly awaiting the package.
So back to terrible day of biblical proportions... I was a beaten man. I came home, head down... defeated... destroyed. I had a package waiting on me, which of course raised my spirits a bit. And then I saw it was from way up north. I live in Texas... the package came from somewhere closer to the North Pole. That raised my spirits even more. I was excited! My mind said tobacco, and my spirit jumped for joy. Yaaaaaay puffin stuff!!! So my stressful day was already melting away a bit it seemed, but still very slowly, like that stubborn bit of ice in the shade that the sun can't seem to get any rays close enough to melt even though the temperature is quite a bit above freezing. I was still feeling a bit down, although I eagerly whipped out my pocket knife to cut break the seal of the tape holding the package closed. I opened that package and was greeted with bubble wrap and lots of white popcorn foam... popcorn foam is always so fun and festive. The popcorn foam made me smile. I still haven't popped the bubble wrap but I will. That stuff is irisistible.
I chuckled when I saw that Peck had hidden the tobacco away in a Smokingpipes pipe box. A couple ziplock bags of tobacco fit quite nicely in a tobacco box. But gee... he sure was going out of his way to keep the tobacco a couple bags of tobacco from being damaged...
So I opened that box expecting to be greeted with the aroma of Super Awesome Tobacco Company's Best Blend In The World No. 1000... only it wasn't tobacco. I was stunned... shocked... flabbergasted (flabbergasted is such a fun word I had to use it)!!! Inside was a green felt bag with the word "Nording" in flowing gold script. Really Peck? You even put the tobacco in a Nording pipe bag? Come on... that's overkill! But it wasn't tobacco. Oh no... it was a Nording pipe indeed. And nestled next to the bag in the box was a tiny little ziplock bag with a Nording tamper.
I was stunned... shocked... (I have to say it again)flabbergasted! The stresses of my day all melted away (I literally almost cried, but don't tell anyone). It seems like it was fate that the package arrive when it did. It took what was really a terrible day and completely turned it around.
Peck, good sir, I can't thank you enough man. You didn't have to do what you did, but you did it anyway. The pipe is wonderful. I'll be loading it up shortly with some Super Awesome Tobacco Company's Best Blend In The World No. 999(McClelland Blue Mountain). The tamper, I've decided, is going to be dedicated strictly to my Nordings. It just seems right to me. I'm as excited to use it as I am about loading up the pipe. Again... thank you. I don't care what everyone says about you. You're a stand up guy :)
050.jpg
[/url][/img]
049.jpg
[/url][/img]
048.jpg
[/url][/img]
029.jpg
[/url][/img]
026.jpg
[/url][/img]
022.jpg
[/url][/img]
030.jpg
[/url][/img]
031.jpg
[/url][/img]
032.jpg
[/url][/img]
042.jpg
[/url][/img]

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's awesome - thanks for sharing Anthony. I keep telling everyone that Peck isn't all bad!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Peck Go hide in the Barn for that Dadtardly Act. What are we gonna think of you when you do something like this? Next thing you are gonna want to Dance with Harris when he puts on his Dress, and then Drinking Pink Champagne.SHEESH ! What is this World Comeing to. Thumbs up! :clap:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
This is a great example of our amazing hobby. Peck you are one great guy regardless of what Harris keeps telling everyone. :nana:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
What a wonderful story, Anthony, thanks for taking the time to write it, and share the details. Way to build the suspense on the "What's in the package" thematic!
And Peck, that's well done mate.
-- Pat

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks all. I felt he deserved to get credit for what he did. He is a true gentleman. Thanks again Peck.
Edit: Photos weren't working so I went back and fixed them. Some came out a bit large... sorry.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
WOW! What a great gift from a stand-up guy! That Nording is beautiful and a perfect way to correct the ills of life.

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
It's the simple acts of friendship that make the biggest impact.. Peck done good.
Unless, Peck's affinity for carnivorism and anthony's occupation in the meat industry has brought out the bribery gene in him to score some American Kobe...
Nah, Peck just done good.

K

klause

Cracking write up, Anthony - and, an equally cracking pipe. I reckon you'll be grinning from ear to ear every time you smoke it. What could be better?
Peck, kudos to you - that was a very kind and gentlemanly act.

Status
Not open for further replies.