PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklyn22

Lurker
Aug 10, 2017
This can't be normal can it? I have two tins of GL Pease "Gaslight" that I bought last summer sometime. All of my tins are stored out of light in filing cabinet drawers in my normal room temperature home. These two tins are swelled up both top and bottom and look like they are going to explode from the inside out. Obviously there is some kind of off gassing going on.
Could this be a moldy batch or can tobaccos give off this much gas through the normal aging process? I know through my normal aging process I give off a lot of gas but I was surprised when I was checking on my stock the other day to find just these two tins looking like this. I don't know how to or if I'm able to post pictures yet but just imagine the top and bottom of the tin bowed and they wobble when sitting on the table.
Both tins were purchased at the same time and both are dated 08-07-17 as the date of manufacture. These are the only two tins of this particular blend that I have so there is nothing else to compare them to.
Thanks,

Frank

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ummm if they are pooching.. something is wrong.. grab a mask and pop one... and you have me running to my Tobacco cellar furniture type thing. to check my tins of gaslight!!!!

Dec 24, 2012
Gaslight tins swell like crazy. I have several that look like baseballs and even had one explode. Nearly shit myself.

franklyn22

Lurker
Aug 10, 2017
OK good, thanks for the input. I just wanted to check with those more experienced than I to see if I should leave them be or contact the seller to arrange for an exchange.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Just be sure to have a lit match in hand when you open the tin. Only then will you realize the true meaning of Gas Light.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
WOW that much swelling is normal? great jebus.. wont it eventually pop the cardboard crappy "tin"???? What will happen if its in a jar?

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I didn't mean to offend ash.. I like the tobacco... but if the tins are exploding.. ummm

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Hey now, taco bell is high quality food! I love it, sincerely and never have the um...outhouse trots from it like other people.
I had a tin, but popped it to enjoy its greatness. Sounds like I need to buy a lot more just to see the process in person.

Dec 24, 2012
Have only ever had one explode once. It popped and I thought a gun went off. I changed my underwear and smoked it up (the tobacco, not the underwear).
All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.