Peak Irony: Old Codger Johnny Rotten Says, "Get Off My Lawn"!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wealthy Elites Freak Out As Homeless Hordes Take Over West Coast Neighborhoods
For example, let’s talk about what is going on in Los Angeles. No city on the west coast has a bigger problem with homelessness than L.A. does, and many in the homeless population enjoy camping out on the beautiful beaches in the L.A. area at night.
But of course many of the elite that paid millions of dollars for beachfront property are not too thrilled about this. Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten was a key symbol of anti-establishment rebellion in the 1970s, but now he is freaking out because homeless people are making life very difficult for him and his wife in Venice Beach, and what he recently told Newsweek’s Paula Froelich is making headlines all over the nation…
He told her the homeless situation in his swanky LA neighborhood is so bad that thieves are tearing the bars from the windows of his multimillion-dollar home, lobbing bricks, setting up unsightly tent cities and littering the beach with syringes.
“A couple of weeks ago I had a problem,” the former punk prince opined. “They came over the gate and put their tent inside, right in front of the front door. It’s like . . . the audacity. And if you complain, what are you? Oh, one of the establishment elite? No, I’m a bloke that’s worked hard for his money and I expect to be able to use my own front door.”
It is more than just a little bit ironic that a man that used drugs, sex and rock and roll to shoot to global fame now sounds like a tired old crank that just wants to get the hippies off of his front lawn.
And he also says that the beach in front of his home is almost unusable because of all the needles and human poop in the sand…
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-29/wealthy-elites-freak-out-homeless-hordes-take-over-west-coast-neighborhoods

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Solex_99_30_padlock_with_keys_%28DSCF2659%29.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Beats being Sid Vicious after he killed Debbie Spungeon.
Either way, it's easy being a Punk when you're young and dumb (I know from first hand experience).

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Either way, it's easy being a Punk when you're young and dumb (I know from first hand experience).
+1 ... maybe not always easy though...it can be hard work.
...and sometimes pays really well.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
They were largely non musical kids put together as in NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, by a clothing designer named Malcom McLaren who also dressed them. After learning this it’s a miracle and already an irony that such a masterpiece as Nevermind the Bollocks was ever made. Their roots were never as anti establishment as their record was. And as far as the hippies comment...most former hippies I know are quite well off and left their idealism with their 20’s. Only a die hard sect of the population stays radical into old age and they usually get brushed off as out of touch with reality or just unwanted homeless people, which is too bad.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ Yes well said...this Rotten story (pun intended) is really just a small example of a much larger problem going on in many major cities...especially on the west coast.
And the greater irony (and hypocrisy) going on is that a large percentage of those responsible for supporting the disastrous policies that created the problem are now complaining about it when it shows up in their neighborhoods.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I few months ago I saw a bus full of homeless unload in a shopping center parking lot near my hometown in Central California. I asked a guy what they were doing here, he said he was paid $600 to basically relocate. I did a web search and apparently it's a common practice for my neighboring metropolitans to ship some of their lowest class citizens out to greener pastures.

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
Might be giving Republicans too much credit to use those people as a white elephant, but it gives me a chuckle.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Don't look for a lot of empathy from me. The beaches were open to all when I was a kid and now mile after mile of them have been made off limits by developers who got ordinances changed. $12,000,000 for a poop show? Works for me.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Take 'em to the pound. If some bleeding heart doesn't adopt them in 30 days, well...
Maybe Sarah Mc Whatsername can dust off that tear-jerker she loaned the ASPCA.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I've only had time to watch the first 10 mins of this so far but just to that point was quite revealing...looks like a very interesting documentary regarding the situation in Seattle.
Seattle is Dying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=602&v=bpAi70WWBlw

Mar 1, 2014
People put too much effort into helping “homeless people” when these people normally have no intention of ever behaving responsibly enough to maintain a shelter for themselves.

If there isn’t enough room in the prisons, make the homeless people build new prisons as part of their sentence for disrupting public order.

Yes I was born a Curmudgeon.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Johnny has a prominent role in the recent 4-part series "Punk". It's worth watching and he definitely has a different perspective on life these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.