PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerx

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2014
Southern California
First of all, hello. This is my first post here.
I ordered this large billiard from Bob Hamlin's website back in 2008. To my eye, it's the spittin' image of a Dunhill Tanshell 5103 except without a white dot on the stem. If I remember correctly, it was less than 50 bucks and it's turned out to be one of my best smokers, with a nice open airway and generous bowl. The only stamping is "IRC#Pipes" on the bottom. No indication where it was made.
I'd love to get another one, either in this shape or something different, but I can't find a website for Mr. Hamlin or PCCA any more.
IRCPipe_zpsb2fd498a.jpg

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Wellcom to Forum.

According to pipephil.eu/logo

IRC pipe manufactured by the ROYAL DUTCH PIPE FACTORY with circle IRC logo on stem.

Check BIG BEN if has any relation.

Aug 1, 2012
According to Pipestud, the IRC #pipes pipes were rumored to have been made by Bill Taylor of Ashton. I have one that is a red blast, saddle-stem billiard and it looks very like an Ashton blast. Not positive whether that is gospel truth but it's what I read.
Almost forgot. They are apparently club pipes for the #pipes board.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Bob left the biz/hobby a few years ago. There are many times I would like to talk to him. I tried checking in a #pipes a couple of weeks ago just to see if anyone still was chatting but I couldn't connect. It was a fun place back in the day, it really fueled my love of the hobby. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.