PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Three recent orders from PC have come back right on time, with tracking, correctly filled and properly packed with no damage. One was a set of three different pouch tobaccos; the second was a Tsuge straight blast billiard; and the third was a tub of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Prompt deliver, correct order, no damage. I'm a happy customer. Congrats to Russ O. and the rest of the crew, nice job.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks, MSO! When I came in this morning, there were three trailers in the receiving docks and three more queued up to deliver, with huge orders coming in daily. I'm glad you mentioned packaging because I spent time earlier this week reviewing with shipping how we want items to go out and I was really pleased that the things I addressed with them had already been put in place. Now we have to get through Customer Appreciation Week!
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I received an email promoting a five pouches for $24.99 deal, with a long list of blends, just about everything that comes in a pouch. If you like sampling and are curious about some of the blends available in a pouch, this would be about five bucks a pouch for your five best picks.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Their packing has improved tremendously. My last order of a dozen aluminum 50g tins, came in bubble wrap pouches with two tins in each pouch. It's great for protecting the tins, and no more loose tins banging around in the box. :clap:
Did I hear Customer Appreciation Week? That's been a good one in the past.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I have never had a problem with PC; however, I have noticed the improved packaging on the last two orders. Keep up the good work.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Try to order Lane Limited @ $1.25 per oz according to the ad on this site and advertised on P&C site as well. They asked for a printscreens from both sites as a proof. Took 3 employees to verify the sale. Even now when you order you still get charged $1.80 per oz. Nobody bothered to fix the price on the site. You'll also notice a sudden price change when you ad some items to the shopping cart. $1.25 pipe cleaners magically became $1.99 cleaners. Ridiculous.

jasonmazzy

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2017
In regards to Lane Limited, it is for first order only (fine print on ad here on site). Was that your first order?

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I have had very good results, zero problems that were P&C problems. Now, if I could get the USPS/UPS to find my one lost order... sigh...

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
To me, P&C it's a hit and miss.

In mine case more misses than hits.

Mostly because inadequate CS.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Dozens of orders over the years. UPS demolished one package and P&C immediately replaced the items even though it wasn't their fault. Never any problems using their website either. What can I say other than they've always earned my repeat business.
Ren

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I've been at least 6 out of 6 with them, after a mishap the first time. They are indispensable to me

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really love my Tsuge pipe -- the classic blast straight billiard, for an amazing price. Also, you can't beat PC's Stanwell prices.

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
I hope there's some Anniversary Kake on one of those pallets. I ordered six 8 oz. tubs on the day they came up for sale in May, but they kept going from Ordered to Backordered to back to Ordered again. I've had other regular orders go right through, so things are back to normal, but it seems tough to keep everything in stock.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I hope there's some Anniversary Kake on one of those pallets. I ordered six 8 oz. tub
I thought those were discounted few year back. It's not even listed in the bulk form anymore.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I have fortunately never experienced anything other than top notch customer service and satisfaction from P&C for the last 6 years. I'm honestly sad to hear that anyone has experienced anything less. Every order I make goes to P&C unless something I want is out of stock and available elsewhere. The only complaint I've ever had was a single tin of Nightcap that the seal was already broken on. Luckily I discovered this due to the loose lid while unpacking and quickly added it to my current rotation Nightcap jar. I can't say whether it was P&C's fault or Dunhill's. Either way no big deal on my end and a small inconvenience compared to all the successfully filled orders I have received from P&C.

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
I hope there's some Anniversary Kake on one of those pallets. I ordered six 8 oz. tubs

I thought those were discounted few year back. It's not even listed in the bulk form anymore.
Bulk and 8 oz. tubs were back in stock at the end of May. I posted it on Reddit (after ordering, of course), and then they were OOS in three days. When I saw you looking for tubs, I just assumed you wanted the ones from the recent availability. I don't know anyone who got them (lots of folks got the bulk), so I wonder if in Ordered/Backordered shuffle was common. I had to go secondary market to find some, but I hope it's just a matter of a delay.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm still waiting on an order from February 27th. It was over four months before I got a reply but supposedly a replacement has been sent so I've got that going for me..... :roll:

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
@cerfer
Let's hope those tubs will show up. However, as I mentioned, bulk Anniversary Kake isn't listed on P&C site anymore.

Not "backordered", not "out of stock" - it's just not there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.