PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Just got an email. I guess Russ found some stashed in the warehouse. Looking forward to trying this one

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
from P&C: ... found a stock pile of one of Mac Baren's most popular, but sadly discontinued blends, Burley London Blend Bulk. Now's your time to stock up on an old favorite. Sadly, the stockpile wasn't as large as we thought, but there will hopefully be enough available for those looking for one of the best Burley blends ever created.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Got some! Been wanting to try this for a while. Never thought I'd get the chance. Smoking some Golden Extra this week and wondering how this compares.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Smoking some Golden Extra this week and wondering how this compares.

There's an extra topping on BL. I smoked a fair amount of it, and then tried GE when I heard it was going away. Still have a few tins stashed.

magicbus

Lurker
Dec 1, 2016
...and its gone. i checked a few minutes ago. and that's probably ok, as i have yet to smoke it and don't fancy falling for a blend that is already out of production.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I love the chocolate-tasting burleys. Seeing this add got me investigating, and it seems like Mac Baren Symphony would be a chocolaty tasting tobacco that is still available. The only thing I worry about it, is it topped enough to ghost a pipe, or could I smoke it in my virginia pipes and not worry?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
lightmybriar, it's a pretty light topping. I just went through a tin of it with no problems in that regard.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We had found about 35 lbs. of it. The email went out around 3 and it was all gone by 6. Maybe Mac Baren should consider bringing it back.
Russ

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
It was liked by a number of posters here. I grabbed several tins before it disappeared so I resisted yesterday, but I am not surprised it sold out quickly. It is a good burley.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I'm curious. How do you lose 35# of tobacco?

Would you mind checking to see if you have any Balkan Sobranie laying around (the original stuff)?

Status
Not open for further replies.