Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
So I came across a meerschaum pipe on ebay and it was from a company called Paykoc Imports. From what I can see they are based out of Denver, CO. They have a large variety of meerschaum pipes listed on their website. I have no idea if any of these pipes are real/genuine block meerschaum pipes or pressed (powder) meerschaum pipes. I've never heard of this company before. Anyone have any thoughts on these pipes and/or this company? Just curious. Thanks.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I typed "paykoc" into the Search Forums box above and found quite a few references.

To my ear it sounds like a fly-by-night company, but I guess they've been around a while.

There was one thread that alleged Milan Tobacconists, a site sponsor, sold them. I dunno about that.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Paykoc is definitely NOT a fly-by-night. They are Turkish family-owned business and import meerschaum pipes as well as other items directly from the tiny factories in Turkey. I personally own a couple of their pipes and can say they are very good quality. As with all meerschaum pipes from any maker, quality of carving varies with each carver and a thorough inspection is recommended before purchase. Stag Tobacconist in CO Springs has a good selection on hand as well as regular trunk shows, since Paykoc is CO based.
Here's a link to Paykoc:
http://www.paykocimports.com/paykoc-meerschaum-pipes/
Here's a link to Stag:
http://www.stagtobacconist.com/
CACooper

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks cacooper. I appreciate the information.
I also did a search on the forums and saw that baronsamedi smokes a Paykoc meerschaum, so I PMed him. Here is what he had to say about the Paykoc meerschaums in case anyone else is interested.
It is a genuine block Meer. Paykoc uses Margi Meerschaum which is about medium grade. The workmanship is average for a meerschaum. Often they won't pass a cleaner or will be drilled off center. They use small tenons, even on the large pipes (not the big delrin briar type tenon you see on the more expensive pipes). That said, I have 2 and I like them both. I had Walker Pipe Works do their "meerschaum upgrade" on them and it was totally worth it! Both are excellent smokers now.
My bad. Walker Briar Works split because Dave wanted to slow down a bit. His repair guy is still operating under Walker Pipe Repair. Here's a link to the bit on Meerschaum.
http://www.walkerpiperepair.com/html/fixing_meers.html
[Are they worth it before the Walker repair?] I'd say yes, considering they are not that expensive. Way better with the Meerschaum Fix, though!

Reactions: Backwoods Briar

blackhat84

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2014
Funny thing I was looking for Meerschaum pipe and found payock on the net, what I was curious about, was how small are the mini pipes, anybody got a photo comparison??? :wink:

blackhat84

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2014
Thanks lol, was just seeing the pics, I like the lion that's for 45$, lion looks better handcrafted in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.