PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Everyone here came together to buy me a new cane when I was in need. Tonight I found out that a friend of mines fiancé committed suicide. I went and spent 3 hours just talking and listening to him. I told him about the loss of my first love and my fist son. And I was there for him to talk or a beer at anything he needed. I wanted to tell you all this because so many of us wish we had money to buy things for others, but sometimes the best thing you can do is be an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
So glad that you were there for him... your right sometimes just being there for someone is worth more than any money in the world.
You are a good friend and a good man.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Irish, That is probably the best thing you could have ever done. You are good man!

Aug 1, 2012
Being there for someone is worth more than any pipe or any amount of money. Good to hear you had that opportunity and didn't miss it.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave's right, Nate. That's what friends do for each other: deaths, births, break ups, marriages, job loss, good times and bad times.
I'm also glad you realized that opportunity and embraced it.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Have been off the forum for a couple of days . Sorry to hear about this . You did good . Sometimes a shoulder is all we need .

Status
Not open for further replies.