PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
In my youtube suggestion box this a.m. there was a new video put up by Paul of Paul's Pipes.

If you've entertained yourself with the ytpc much at all, you've become familiar with some of the interaction of these pipe loving characters as they traverse the world in pursuit of pipe related experiences (mostly).

This vid shows 3 shapes being introduced this week at the Chicago Pipe Show which were first discussed and designed during a visit by The Smoking Dagners to Paul's Pipes last year sometime.

I find the whole thing really interesting, and these pipes are quite attractive.

I'm finding that I do like a pipe I can put down w/o necessarily needing a pipe rest.

Paul

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Nice looking pipe, A bit on the short side for me. I prefer my pipes to be around the 6" length, but a nice looking burner non the less.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I think most of the Dagner designs are shorter pipes, not all. He's marketing to a younger and very active demographic. (than you and me, ha ha). These are meant to be 'handy'.

As for a longer shank presenting cooler smoke, I've read somewhere of reasonable credibility that there is not a real significant difference.

There are of course, one's personal preferences to be considered.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks for posting the video newbroom, I am actually looking at buying one of the Dagner pokers. very informative.

What draws me to the Dagner pipes is that they look sturdy, I only smoke at home but have been thinking of getting a everyday pipe to hitch along with me.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I might be young, well travelled and urban, but in my neighborhood we view hipsters in the same light as men ordering cocktails in a pub.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I can't speak toward a longer stemmed pipe smoking cooler or not; I just have a preference for ones with longer stems. However nothing is written in concrete and different pipe shapes and lengths have a way of growing on a person.

I do admire their marketing strategy.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Jeff, I suppose if one orders it for breakfast then that'll be okay I reckon.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I might be young, well travelled and urban, but in my neighborhood we view hipsters in the same light as men ordering cocktails in a pub.
A Brit pub? A Yankee pub, such as they are? I didn't know it was gauche to do so, but when in an English pub, it was all lagers and ales for me anyway.
Is straight whisky a "cocktail"? Or does it have to be a mixed drink?
Now, ice-cream girly drinks are not allowed in any public venue!

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
I picked up a Dagner designed Missouri Meerschaum pipe and it has become my favorite pipe. Although I have always gravitated to longer Lumberjacks and Canadian pipes, this little Dagner is a dream. The shorter stem allows me to clench the pipe all day and the flat bottom on it means I can set it down anywhere and not have it tip. The pipe has a real no nonsense feel to it, much like a large cigar end clamped between your teeth. This cob is a great work/commute pipe.

And I am everything that a hipster is not. I am old, not worried about fads, just an old time pipe smoker.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Well to be honest I am not that young being 36, a couple of weeks ago two girls in their early 20's walk up to me in the gym and shyly ask, ''Sir, can you show us how to use that machine?'' Since then, I started noticing my grey sideburns...

Status
Not open for further replies.