PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
One of the side benefits of buying a pipe at Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, MI, is they give you a 1oz sample of one of their custom blends. I lucked out and received "Paul's Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture". It is a light aromatic blend of Virginia, burley, with a mild sweet aroma that evokes light rum, cherry and spice.
I packed one of my smaller straight briars and had a go. Moisture was perfect, you could feel light moisture, but not wet and ready to smoke. It starts off mild, but by the middle of the bowl to the end is where this blend shines. It is full of true tobacco flavor, with just the right touch of sweetness. As a relatively new pipe smoker, this is the first blend I have fell in loved with and not just enjoyed. I have heard it is special when you finally find a blend that speaks to you and this one sang. The room note also matched the flavor. Hours later the living room still smelled of pleasant tobacco and sweet notes.
If you live in Michigan, or nearby, you owe it to yourself to make your way to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, MI. If not, look them up on the web and shop online. Either way, you will be glad you did.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I bought my first real pipe at Pauls(my first pipe was a cheap Chinese piece of junk). They gave me an ounce or the Arrowhead blend, and it was the first non OTC blend I smoked. I haven't had it since then, but you brought it up, I feel like I should get some more.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Just got some from Ben with the SS event for the year, cannot wait to try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.