Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
On tomorrow night's radio show, we will be welcoming back Paul Creasy, the President of Sutliff Tobacco Co.
We will focus the discussion on one of your favorite things - Tobacco! If you're a Facebook user, please give us a LIKE over here:

https://www.facebook.com/ThePipesMagazineRadioShow
tobacco.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I am a bit behind on my shows. I will play catch up tomorrow. Those leaves are beautiful!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
In installment #48 B&M etiquette is discussed, and it was recommended that if you go to one that you buy something even if your purchase is small, say pipe cleaners.
I must say that does a disservice to the store. $2.00 for a pack of cleaners is skimping on the purchase amount. You may say that the smoking lounge is no worse for the wear after your visit, and although this is true, I think of what it costs the business to provide me with a lounge instead of selling merchandise from this space. My B&M expanded/moved 5 years ago and bought an entire freestanding house. It's a commercial property, so let me hazard a guess of a $300,000.00 sale price. The store is the entire first floor with 5 rooms; that's $60,000.00 per room, including the smoking lounge. A $2.00 pack of cleaners hardly puts a dent in that.
Also, a $12.00 tin of tobacco bought from a B&M is not so pricy when you compare that cost with the $10.00 cost online with at least $7.00 added shipping.
Just my thoughts;)

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Also, a $12.00 tin of tobacco bought from a B&M is not so pricy when you compare that cost with the $10.00 cost online with at least $7.00 added shipping.
Agreed. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. For me, it can be a difference of $18 for a tin, or $9 online (and most online retailers offer free shipping with a decent sized order) so at my current spot in life, I really can't justify paying 200% on my tobacco. So I buy cleaners :D
Also, I pay for lounge time, so I don't feel there is a disservice.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I usually buy 1 tin of tobacco at the B&M when I visit along with pipe cleaners and butane but the cost is double what I would pay online (a 50gm tin for the cost of a 100gm tin). I want to keep the B&M in business but need to watch my pennies. Hence, most of my purchases are online through either 4Noggins and P&C or occasionally SP. The owner is a nice guy and I enjoy chatting with him but he is primarily a cigar guy and there is no smoking on the premises so there is not much to make me hang around. (Note: the owner rents and the landlord has declared the premises "No Smoking".)

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Really enjoyed the Paul Creasy interview...id love to see u guys have him back or possibly even have a returning segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.