PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I recently went to Nashville, TN. While there I visited Uptown Smoke shop and Elliston Place Pipe and Tobacco. Uptown was a very nice establishment and I would definitely visit there again. Elliston Place was a good bit smaller, but for what they lacked in space they made up for in tobaccos and had a huge selction of bulk Macbarens, Stockkebyes, Dan Tobaccos, and more as well as a nice selection of tins. They also had a lot of pipes in stock. While there I bougth some Patriot Flake put out by Dan Tobaccos. I love Virginias and it had a very nice jar note and a nice dark complexion. I fired up a bowl tonight and was not disappointed. The tobacco is a very pleasant full flavored Virginia and yet was a very light smoke, no N kick. The Virginias are quite sweet and ghosted my mouth very pleasantly. There is almost a fruity note to the taste that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is subtle and doesn't appear in the tin note at all. It burned down to a nice white ash. I would definitely buy this again. Here is the write up on this tobacco: A tribute to the brave men, and women, who fought for freedom. This tobacco features U.S. Virginia grades and Virginia tobaccos from Mysore with additional fermentation under pressure. It is press aged, sliced thin and kept in flake form. Easily rubbed out. This blend has an excellent cool burn with a satisfyingly rich, but smooth flavor Medium Strength.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
What makes it oriental? I guess I don't really know what oriental is in the context of tobacco. I assumed it had something to do with Latakia, but I didn't see that mentioned in the right up.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Did a little research. Mysore is in India and the tobaccos are more of a condiment and add that spicy note. Reminds me of Marlin flake, but just might taste a little better overall and maintains the flavor through the whole bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.