PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I want to commission three new sandblasted pipes from Michael, and I want some input on shapes, stain and stems.
My current thinking is as follows:
First, I like this shot of a Canadian on his site - black with white stem.

As for the other two - I am not sure. I was thinking maybe an author and a rhodesian, though I am not sure about the stain/stem combination.
Here is an author from Michael's site:

Here is a Rhodesian:

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
The first two are amazing! Well they all are.... But the first two really strike my fancy. If I had the money I would like to get a Canadian along those lines in particular.

May 31, 2012
Damn Peck, you're killin' me!
Good eye on the pencil shank Liverpool, that's such a gorgeous shape.
I need one, badly.
As far as other shapes, I can't offer much help.
But I have had an idea of a stem/stain combo I've been wanting to have made.
Starting with a colored ebonite stem that have become more popular lately...
...I've always associated the style with Manduela because it's where I first saw them in use, and to good effect, like this:

http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=6763#.U0G2fVd7RsM
One of the green ones that look almost like oxidized vulcanite, and kind of color match the stain to it, except going a good bit darker...or a desert brown ebonite stem with similar color matching.
That's all I can offer.
Whatever you get done, I'm sure it'll be a world-class beauty!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Peck, until you smoke all your unsmoked pipes, I forbid you to buy any more. You must have 30 at least that you have not lit up and the pipe Gods are going to start pissing on you. I am being totally serious, your life is now in danger and I would hate to see you suffer like you will if you continue this course of action.
Now having said all that. The three shapes you will buy are the following.
Calabash...this stain would work nicely.

Ivory capped Rhodeisan like this Tamarind capped one, imagine solid ivory on something like this.

Finally a Cherrywood, solid Ivory stem application in black. Something like this.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I love the stem on that author Peck. In fact, I actually love that author as is.
I would also like to see a pipe similar to Harris' spalted tamarind Rhodey except in a bull dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.