PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Was looking at a couple of new Parker pipes on the web, and the info mentioned metal condensers in the pipes. What is that about? A stinger? Saw no elaboration. Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good for the seller to mention the "condenser." Not all Parkers have them. My local pipe shop owner pulled apart a bent

apple for me, and no stinger. I ordered a Parker bent cherrywood online (which I'd never seen before or since) and it has

no stinger. I did ask about another Parker from an online retailer, and was told it had a stinger. I don't have enough

experience with Parker to know if all stingers are easily removable. If so, it's not a problem. Also, I don't know if that is true

going back in history, with estate Parkers. I bought mine new, and it didn't have a stinger.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Thank you, gentlemen. I did see one I particularly liked and emailed to ask them about it. May receive a reply in a day or two. Unfortunately the shop is in the U.K., and I am a little afraid of buying a pipe online from that far away. But we shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.