PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I just ordered more of this after finishing the last of a few samples. I'm rarely blow away by a tobacco but this one really sings to me. It has a Penzance like quality to it but it isn't a copy, it is its own blend. I find it similar to Poul Olsens My Own Blend 1000. The Orientals and Latakia all make themselves known through out the boel at different times while the Virginia's add a touch of sweetness. One of, if not the best bulks I've tried in a very long time. Well worth stocking up on.
Site description "A zesty mix of Bright, Red and Lemon Virginia tobaccos, blended with the Turkish tobacco Smyrna, which lends it's noticeable taste and irresistible aroma. A generous addition of Cyprian Latakia adds it's smoky top note, and a small measure of Perique is added to round out the blend and add to it's spicy finish. A full bodied but not overpowering English mixture."

dukeofbluz

Lurker
Feb 3, 2010
I love Park Lane blends, so much that I am trying to make my way through 25 of them.
My 3 favorites are Old Church, PL11-012 (75% latakia) & Red Paramour.
The Red Paramour is sweet, to me it taste like very aged tobacco crystallizing with sugar.
Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.