PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Well guys I have to say, being a new dad has been and is continuing to be awesome. My old routine was to work all day, spend time in the evening with my wife and kid, put them to bed, and then light up some Frog Morton or Night Cap in the garage. As of late I have switched to Cult or East India in the morning on the way to work, work all day, come home and spend the rest with my family, no night smokes (miss my nightcap time). Do you guys experience smoke routine changes? Its a fun journey!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I smoked cigars when my kids were small. Always outside and usually on weekends when I had free time. I never had a routine though.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
My son is six, so I've had plenty of time to adjust. I certainly smoke less that I would were I not a parent. He goes t bed earlier than I do, so I still get my night-time smoke. I get up extra-early, so I have a nice relaxing morning smoke.
Afternoons I don't usually smoke, but I do sometimes light up (outside) is he's real busy playing Mine Craft or something.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
I don't have any kids but I can very much understand why smoking a pipe after the day is over would feel great, especially with young ones!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
When my eldest was born, I quit smoking entirely. I was a 2-pak-a-day Pall Mall smoker in addition to my pipes, which I had smoked since I was 9. When they were grown up and out of the house, living in big cities, I was introduced to fine cigars and... I didn't care for them so much. I started smoking pipes again and feel like I've come home.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Picked up the pipe when my daughter was 5 (3 years ago). Definitely have to plan my smokes around her schedule e.g. morning pipe after school drop off and before work, then another bowl most nights after she goes to bed. Being an outdoor smoker, loving these loooong summer days and evenings on the deck.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I smoke less now that my second was born. He is 3 and my oldest is 9. My youngest is bothered by the smoke so I don't smoke in the house. some nights I just can't stay up for a smoke session after we put the boys down. I'm freaking tired and sleep is more important. This time will pass and I will eventually will have more me time.

Status
Not open for further replies.